LOS ANGELES (AP) — Summer starts early this year in Hollywood with the potentially record-breaking release of “Avengers: Infinity War” Thursday, and the marquee Marvel superheroes couldn’t be coming at a better time.
The box office for the year is down nearly three percent, and the ...
- Highlights from the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Photos: Cannes Film Festival Moments
- Taylor Swift kicks off her Reputation Stadium Tour in Glendale, Arizona.
- Amber Heard wears Valentino to 'Sorry Angel' premiere at Cannes Film Festival
- Meek Mill freed from prison in Pennsylvania
- PHOTOS: Time 100 Gala
- Rose McGowan portrait session
- Justin Timberlake performs during the halftime show at the Super Bowl
- PHOTOS: Jennifer Lopez performs at DirecTV Super Saturday Night in Minneapolis
- PHOTOS: Golden Globe fashion from the red carpet
- Stars of country music gather for a night of harmony
- PHOTO GALLERY: A tribute to music icon Tom Petty
- Celebrities featured in Playboy
- Hugh Hefner: A life in photos
- Emmy Awards
- A Mother’s Day look at celebrity moms and their daughters
- A look at some notable celebrity fathers and sons
- Highlights from the CMT Music Awards in Nashville
McCarthy’s ‘Life of the Party’ is a family affair
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After breaking opening weekend records, “Avengers: Infinity War” continued to dominate in its second weekend in theaters, but alternative programming like the romantic comedy “Overboard” also found an audience in what has historically been considered the “official” kick-off to ...
NEW YORK (AP) — “Avengers: Infinity War” is poised to set a record for fastest film to rake in $1 billion in business.
The Walt Disney Co. said Saturday that the Marvel superhero saga had earned just under $975 million in global box office through Friday. Since the film earned nearly $70 ...
Jodie Foster checks into the bloody ‘Hotel Artemis’
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The summer movie going season roared to life with the record-breaking opening weekend for “Avengers: Infinity War,” but industry leaders want audiences and theater owners to know that a healthy movie business is not just about the superheroes.
Last week at the 2018 ...
NEW YORK (AP) — A whole lot of superheroes added up to a whole lot of ticket sales. The superhero smorgasbord “Avengers: Infinity Wars” opened with predictable shock-and-awe, earning $250 million in box office over the weekend and edging past “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” to set the highest ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Melissa McCarthy hasn’t had a movie in theaters since “Ghostbusters” two years ago, but it’s not like she’s been taking a break.
She’s been hard at work preparing multiple projects with her husband, Ben Falcone (not to mention her side gig parodying Sean Spicer on ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It’s been 25 years since a major Hollywood studio released an English-language film with a primarily Asian cast. The last was Wayne Wang’s adaptation of the generational tear-jerker “The Joy Luck Club,” which was released in 1993.
But that dry spell is about to end with ...
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Paramount Pictures is ready for its comeback story.
On Wednesday at the CinemaCon convention in Las Vegas, studio chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos announced a sequel to the breakthrough thriller “A Quiet Place,” two new Star Trek movies and trotted out its biggest star, Tom ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After being stuck in development for over a decade, “Deadpool” broke box-office records and shattered preconceived notions about what an R-rated superhero movie could do when it debuted in February 2016. Now the foul-mouthed mercenary is back with a sequel that’s gearing up to ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige talks about his job like a fan who’s just lucky to be there.
To hear his genuine enthusiasm about the movies, the actors, the audience and the stories almost belies the fact that he is essentially the architect of and driving force ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Marvel Studios has built a movie empire that has not only proved crowd-pleasing, but has also racked up box-office profits to the tune of nearly $15 billion in the 10 years since “Iron Man” was released.
The 2008 film starring Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man proved that ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dates are subject to change.
“Avengers: Infinity War” (April 27) — The ultimate superhero mash-up, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain America, Star Lord and all your Marvel favorites assemble to face the mad titan Thanos.
“The Week Of” (on Netflix April ...
Scenes from the world premiere of “Avengers: Infinity War” in Hollywood on April 23, 2018
- History-making 'Crazy Rich Asians' readies for release
- Wu's fight for 'Crazy Rich Asians' part of a bigger crusade
- Review: In 'Crazy Rich Asians,' a delightful new fairy tale
- 'There was magic in the air' on 'Crazy Rich Asians' set
- The wild ascent of 'Crazy Rich Asians' star Henry Golding
- Henry Golding's 'Cinderella' moment
- 'Crazy Rich Asian' stars bring their fashion A-game
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' spurs conversation over representation
- Kevin Kwan: Americans will embrace 'Crazy Rich Asians' movie
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' stars share their favorite Singaporean dishes
- The cast of 'Crazy Rich Asians' share bachelor party fails
- Once sidelined, romantic comedies rise again this summer