LOS ANGELES (AP) — Octavia Spencer is a movie star. She has been for almost a decade since audiences and Oscar voters fell in love with her as Minnie in "The Help." Since then she's gotten two...
NEW YORK (AP) — Ryan Reynolds once envisioned himself, best-case scenario, as Wilson on "Home Improvement" or Mr. Furley on "Three's Company."
LOS ANGELES (AP) — If you've heard anything about the film "Booksmart," you've probably also heard the words "female 'Superbad'." The high school comedy is about two best friends over the course...
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Sir Elton John gave actor Taron Egerton some unlikely advice for portraying him in "Rocketman": Don't do an impression. Sing the songs the way you want.
Summer Movie Preview: Horror takes a holiday
NEW YORK (AP) — Jim Jarmusch didn't have to look far for zombies.
"I see a lot of soulless ghouls on the streets at night walking along staring into their phone and they don't even know...
Summer Movie Preview: ‘The Lion King’ roars again
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Director Jon Favreau has just left a scoring session for "The Lion King " with Hans Zimmer and an orchestra. It was for the stampede (yes, THAT stampede). And it will come as no...
- Review: 'Men in Black' returns, a little worse for wear
- Review: Toxic masculinity in a sitcom package in 'Shaft'
- Review: Jarmusch's zombies aren't as sexy as his vampires
- Review: In the joyous 'Toy Story 4,' the toys evolve too
- Review: The X-Men struggle to the end in 'Dark Phoenix'
- Review: 'The Secret Life of Pets 2' is a well-crafted sequel
- Review: Emma Thompson kills in 'Late Night'
- Review: 'Last Black Man in San Francisco' a soulful lament
- Review: 'Godzilla' is back and doing just fine
- Review: Egerton glitters in glossy, conventional 'Rocketman'
- Review: Spencer lends some humanity to campy revenge fantasy
- Review: Smith's fine in 'Aladdin.' Another guy's the problem
- Review: In the winning 'Booksmart,' a teen comedy revolution
- 'Avengers Endgame' nears global record with over $2 billion
- Marvel closes a decade-long story with 'Avengers: Endgame'
- Review: 'Avengers: Endgame' is Marvel's machine in high gear
- 'Avengers: Endgame' poised to topple box-office records
- 'Avengers' stars tease 'bittersweet' 'Endgame'
- 'It's not cool' - Marvel head discusses 'Endgame' leak
- Before 'Endgame' arrives, a look at Marvel's box-office hits
- 'Avengers' directors explain three-hour 'Endgame'
NEW YORK (AP) — The universe belongs to Marvel. "Avengers: Endgame" shattered the record for biggest opening weekend with an estimated $350 million in ticket sales domestically and $1.2 billion...
‘Avengers: Endgame’ topples ‘Star Wars’ preview record
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Avengers: Endgame" has gotten off to a mighty start at the box office, earning a record $60 million from Thursday night preview showings in North America, according to the Walt...
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The movie industry has returned to their day jobs Friday after four days of schmoozing, deal-making and watching movie studios and stars sell the best of what's to come to...
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Universal Pictures previewed a diverse slate of offerings from "Cats" to "Hobbs & Shaw" Wednesday morning at CinemaCon, the annual trade convention where exhibitors and...
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The movie industry — everyone from the Hollywood studios that produce the films to the companies that make the screens, speakers and seats in theaters — are descending on Las...
McCarthy’s ‘Life of the Party’ is a family affair
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After breaking opening weekend records, "Avengers: Infinity War" continued to dominate in its second weekend in theaters, but alternative programming like the romantic comedy "Overboard" also found an audience in what has historically been considered the "official" kick-off to the summer movie season.
NEW YORK (AP) — "Avengers: Infinity War" is poised to set a record for fastest film to rake in $1 billion in business.
The Walt Disney Co. said Saturday that the Marvel superhero saga had earned just under $975 million in global box office through Friday. Since the film earned nearly $70 million on Friday alone, the studio is confident it will pass the billion-dollar mark on Saturday, in 11 days.
- History-making 'Crazy Rich Asians' readies for release
- Wu's fight for 'Crazy Rich Asians' part of a bigger crusade
- Review: In 'Crazy Rich Asians,' a delightful new fairy tale
- 'There was magic in the air' on 'Crazy Rich Asians' set
- The wild ascent of 'Crazy Rich Asians' star Henry Golding
- Henry Golding's 'Cinderella' moment
- 'Crazy Rich Asian' stars bring their fashion A-game
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' spurs conversation over representation
- Kevin Kwan: Americans will embrace 'Crazy Rich Asians' movie
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' stars share their favorite Singaporean dishes
- The cast of 'Crazy Rich Asians' share bachelor party fails
- Once sidelined, romantic comedies rise again this summer
Jodie Foster checks into the bloody ‘Hotel Artemis’
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The summer movie going season roared to life with the record-breaking opening weekend for "Avengers: Infinity War," but industry leaders want audiences and theater owners to know that a healthy movie business is not just about the superheroes.
NEW YORK (AP) — A whole lot of superheroes added up to a whole lot of ticket sales. The superhero smorgasbord "Avengers: Infinity Wars" opened with predictable shock-and-awe, earning $250 million in box office over the weekend and edging past "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" to set the highest opening weekend of all-time.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Melissa McCarthy hasn't had a movie in theaters since "Ghostbusters" two years ago, but it's not like she's been taking a break.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It's been 25 years since a major Hollywood studio released an English-language film with a primarily Asian cast. The last was Wayne Wang's adaptation of the generational tear-jerker "The Joy Luck Club," which was released in 1993.
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Paramount Pictures is ready for its comeback story.
On Wednesday at the CinemaCon convention in Las Vegas, studio chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos announced a sequel to the breakthrough thriller "A Quiet Place," two new Star Trek movies and trotted out its biggest star, Tom Cruise, to dazzle the audience of theater owners and exhibitors with stories of his death defying stunts in "Mission: Impossible — Fallout."
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After being stuck in development for over a decade, "Deadpool" broke box-office records and shattered preconceived notions about what an R-rated superhero movie could do when it debuted in February 2016. Now the foul-mouthed mercenary is back with a sequel that's gearing up to play in the big leagues — the summer movie season.
Star and producer Ryan Reynolds spoke to The Associated Press about what to expect when Deadpool returns to theaters on May 18.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige talks about his job like a fan who's just lucky to be there.
To hear his genuine enthusiasm about the movies, the actors, the audience and the stories almost belies the fact that he is essentially the architect of and driving force behind Hollywood's most valuable brand that has in just over 10 years netted over $14.8 billion in worldwide grosses (according to comScore) and become the envy of every studio executive in town.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Marvel Studios has built a movie empire that has not only proved crowd-pleasing, but has also racked up box-office profits to the tune of nearly $15 billion in the 10 years since "Iron Man" was released.
Here’s what’s playing this summer at the movies
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dates are subject to change.
"Avengers: Infinity War" (April 27) — The ultimate superhero mash-up, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain America, Star Lord and all your Marvel favorites assemble to face the mad titan Thanos.
"The Week Of" (on Netflix April 27) — Adam Sandler is the middle-class father of the bride and Chris Rock the wealthy father of the groom in this wedding comedy.
Stars assemble for “Avengers: Infinity War” premiere
Scenes from the world premiere of “Avengers: Infinity War” in Hollywood on April 23, 2018