Alaska hospital to suspend all major surgeries
SITKA, Alaska (AP) — An Alaska hospital announced Wednesday that it will suspend all scheduled and emergency surgeries as of Feb. 28.
The Sitka Community Hospital said the decision to...
(The Conversation is an independent and nonprofit source of news, analysis and commentary from academic experts.)
Laurie Essig, Middlebury College
GREENWICH — Amy Anderson knows how hard society can be on people with weight issues.
“The discrimination against heavy people is alarming — and how rudely heavy people are treated,” said Anderson, a classically trained musician who works in the education field.
For many, lifestyle changes are not enough to get the weight off and keep it off. The Center for Surgical Weight Control at Cabell Huntington Hospital offers effective, proven surgical solutions for weight loss and improved quality of life.
Image guidance technology provides pinpoint accuracy in neurosurgery
The prospect of having surgery on the brain or spine can be frightening, but Tri-State residents can rest assured knowing Cabell Huntington Hospital (CHH) provides the latest in minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Shortly after launching a new cardiac surgery program, Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital has expanded cancer treatment services, renovated its facilities and augmented its team of specialists.
Eye surgeon in Florence offers procedure to restore near vision
FLORENCE, S.C. – Carolinas Centers for Sight, P.C., offers a surgical procedure to help patients restore their near vision and reduce the need for reading glasses.
CA doctor’s license suspended after 2 patient deaths
VISALIA, Calif. (AP) — A California surgeon's medical license has been suspended after two women died when they underwent cosmetic surgery procedures.
The Fresno Bee reports Monday Dr. Robert Alan Yoho won't be able to practice medicine for 30 days and will then be on five years of probation.
DEAR MAYO CLINIC: How long are the effects of liposuction supposed to last, and how does it affect the skin around it? Is it true that if you get liposuction in one area of the body, the fat will eventually move to another area?
Should you fast or not, (have no food or drink) before a surgical procedure with general anesthesia? A person who receives the Wall Street Journal clips and saves certain articles relevant to medicine for me to peruse. One from the summer harvest of papers came from 7/13/2017 and was titled “Don’t Hold Fast To This Surgical Rule”. It discussed fasting (pun in the headline perhaps?) before surgery. The writer was Hakim Bouzamondo, identified as a physician and divisional vice president of global research and development for Abbott’s Labs nutrition division.
In his 30 years as a cardiologist, Dr. Roy Robertson, president of the Parkview Heart Institute, has strong feelings on the several trans:catheter aortic valve replacement procedures he has performed.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) — A Ketchikan hospital has announced it will not have a general surgeon on staff for a week.
The PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center's only general surgeon will be out from 8 a.m. Monday through 8 a.m. June 12, the Ketchikan Daily News reported (http://bit.ly/2qPZ5IB ). The hospital is alerting other health care providers, cruise lines and outside facilities that typically recommend people to the hospital of the situation.
According to a survey published in late 2016 by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the proliferation of nonsurgical cosmetic procedures has increased demand for nonsurgical procedures for men by 44 percent since 2011.
Royals pitcher Maness opts for pioneer elbow surgery
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) — Kansas City Royals right-hander Seth Maness is like many pitchers in spring training, trying to earn a bullpen job.
Maness also is a willing guinea pig, coming off a new surgical procedure that has the baseball industry's attention.
- Business WireGlobal Medical Vacuum System Market Forecast to 2024: Stringent Regulatory Frameworks Mandating the Use of Vacuum Systems Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 26, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Endoscopy Devices Market 2019-2025: Technological Innovations Offering a Wider Scope of Applications for Endoscopy - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 26, 2019
- Globe NewswireFlexDex Provides Improved Solution to Prostate Surgery in ItalyMarch 13, 2019
- Business WireWorldwide Osteoarthritis Treatment Market Analysis, 2019-2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 12, 2019
- Business WireHand-held Surgical Instruments: Global Market Size, Share & Trends with Analysis by Product, Application, End-use and Region (2019-2025) - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 6, 2019
- Daily Inter LakeAnnual report shows uptick in surgical procedures, birthsMarch 6, 2019
- Houston ChronicleAdvancements benefit those needing knee, hip replacementsDecember 21, 2018
- Connecticut PostGriffin to offer presentation on hip replacementDecember 18, 2018
- Idaho State JournalPortneuf Surgical Specialists use team approach to careDecember 8, 2018