Wyoming senators approve rural broadband sales tax break
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — The Wyoming Senate has approved a sales-tax break for companies that provide internet and other telecommunications services to rural areas.
Companies to extend broadband internet access in rural Ohio
CANTON, Ohio (AP) — Microsoft Corp. and an Ohio-based provider of telecommunications services have announced an agreement to extend broadband internet access to 110,000 unserved people in rural Ohio over the next four years.
Microsoft and Canton-based Agile Networks announced the agreement this week. They say it will help address a need for reliable broadband access in rural Ohio and provide access to digital advances in agriculture, telemedicine, and education.
Anti-Wi-Fi crusader Arthur Firstenberg wants a judge to overturn a new franchise fee levied by the city of Santa Fe against telecommunications service providers, who will pass the cost onto their customers.
Telecommunications service providers will have to pay the city of Santa Fe a franchise fee from now on to locate their facilities in public rights of way.
Oklahoma governor launches high-speed Internet initiative
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Gov. Mary Fallin has launched an initiative to bring high-speed broadband and digital learning opportunities to public schools across the state.
The Oklahoma Connect and Learn Initiative will work with interested school districts and telecommunications service providers to increase the number of schools with fiber optic connections, improve the connections' capacity and affordability and ensure Oklahoma classrooms have Wi-Fi access to better facilitate digital learning.
If You Go: County provided broadband?
- Business WireAirtel and Ciena to Build One of the World’s Largest Photonic Control Plane Networks for Delivering Ultra-fast Data Over 4G, 5G and FTTHFebruary 25, 2019
- Globe NewswireVodafone Germany Transforms Broadband Network Infrastructure with Casa SystemsFebruary 6, 2019
- Globe NewswireHammer Fiber Optics Holdings Corp Subsidiary Hammer Wireless and Wikibuli, Inc. to Provide Wholesale Voice and Wireless Services in DominicaDecember 21, 2018
- BusinessWireComtech Telecommunications Corp. Secures $2.5 Million Order from Middle East Telecom Service ProviderDecember 18, 2018
- BusinessWireAustralia Telecoms Industry Statistics and Forecasts 2018-2023: Telco Market Grows Slowly With Mobile Broadband Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.comNovember 27, 2018