Nearly half of US adults have heart or blood vessel disease
A new report estimates that nearly half of all U.S. adults have some form of heart or blood vessel disease, a medical milestone that's mostly due to recent guidelines that expanded how many people have high blood pressure.
A diagnosis of vascular disease can be frightening. Knowing that you are in the hands of a meticulous and caring surgeon — like James C. Kitchen, M.D — can help put those fears to rest.
New L+M program aims to help patients facing amputation
A new program at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, aimed at helping people at risk of losing a limb to amputation, is taking shape.
Black patients with vascular disease more likely to have poor outcomes
Black Americans are more likely to die of vascular disease than other ethnic groups, and have more severe vascular disease by the time they actually see a surgeon. That’s according to a new study, published in the February issue of “Journal of Vascular Surgery.”
John Hillerman reportedly died from heart disease.
Newly opened center helps with hard to heal wounds
A new center that specializes in helping patients with wounds that don't heal, is open for business on the CHI Mercy campus in Roseburg.
Veteran North Las Vegas fire captain died of natural causes
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) — A medical examination revealed that a veteran North Las Vegas fire captain whose death last month was marked as a line-of-duty fatality had heart and vascular diseases and died due to a lack of oxygen.
Autopsy results made public Monday by the Clark County coroner said 43-year-old Yaphet Miller's death was from natural causes also including an irregular heart rhythm.
The body is made up of a complex network of arteries and veins. If blood flow is affected because of trauma, blockage or weakening of the blood vessel walls, then different parts of the body can be affected. These conditions can result in loss of function or threat to life.
Excellence in health care is a way of life in Houston. The MedCity section has looked to a list of America's Top Doctors, compiled by industry specialist Castle Connolly, to identify America's Top Doctors located right here in the Houston area. They exemplify excellence in Houston medicine.
Antibodies that help the immune system remove dead and dying cells have been shown to reduce atherosclerosis in mouse models of cardiovascular disease, a study led by Stanford University researchers reports.
- Business WireHealogics® Brings Vein Ablation Services to Wound Care Centers®March 21, 2019
- Business WirePeripheral Vascular Devices (Angioplasty Balloon, Stent, Catheters, Plaque Modification, Hemodynamic Flow Alteration, IVC Filters, Guidewires) Market - Global Forecast to 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 21, 2019
- Globe NewswireHigh Risk of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Events Projected in People with Elevated Triglycerides Without Established Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular DiseaseMarch 16, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Bioabsorbable Stents Market Outlook to 2024: Expected to Witness a CAGR of 8.53% - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 12, 2019
- Business WireAffluent Medical Releases Impressive Results from Scope 1 Clinical Trial Validating Efficacy of KARDIOZIS TechnologyFebruary 15, 2019