DETROIT (AP) — The Southeast Michigan Council of Governments general assembly has adopted a plan aimed at protecting the region's water resources.
The plan emphasizes the importance of integrated management of water resources to advance tourism, recreation, economic development, protection of natural resources and water infrastructure.
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) — A type of plankton found in many parts of the world has turned up in the Great Lakes.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says Cornell University researchers detected the creature in a water sample taken from Lake Erie last year.
The rotifer species is called Brachionus leydigii, a non-native invertebrate.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The head of the Environmental Protection Agency has discussed a federal water rule with Indiana officials, but environmental groups say they weren't included in the conversation.
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A sewer pipe break caused by last week's heavy rain has spilled millions of gallons of raw sewage into a central New York lake.
The Post-Standard of Syracuse reports (http://bit.ly/2eUpoEC ) Onondaga County has told the state Department of Environmental Conservation that a 42-inch diameter pipe near Syracuse's Inner Harbor broke Friday during a period when it rained for nearly an entire day.
- Business WireWater Harvesting Inc Wins Innovation Award at WEFTEC 2019October 8, 2019
- Business WireIllinois American Water Engineer Chosen for Water Environment Federation’s Water Leadership InstituteMay 16, 2019
- Business WireWater Environment Federation Launches Daily News Service with SmartBriefApril 22, 2019
- BusinessWirePentair Showcases Smart, Sustainable Water Solutions at WEFTEC 2018October 1, 2018
- BusinessWireWisconsin’s water hub: WEDC, The Water Council to showcase water innovation and cluster strength at WEFTECSeptember 25, 2018
- The ConversationMining powers modern life, but can leave scarred lands and polluted waters behindOctober 4, 2019
- The ConversationRising seas threaten hundreds of Native American heritage sites along Florida's Gulf CoastSeptember 27, 2019
- The ConversationAnother grim climate report on oceans – what will it take to address the compounding problems?September 25, 2019
- The ConversationRepealing the Clean Water Rule will swamp the Trump administration in wetland litigationSeptember 24, 2019