NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Ever since Willie Nelson left Nashville in the early 1970s to return to Texas, there's been a large chasm between the "red dirt" country artists working primarily in Texas...
Today in History for February 13th
Country bluesman, hit songwriter Tony Joe White dies
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A record label representative says Tony Joe White, the country bluesman and hit songwriter behind such successes as "Polk Salad Annie" and "Rainy Night in Georgia," has died. He was 75.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — If the term "outlaw country" evokes images of Willie Nelson's hippie braids or Waylon Jennings' "Honky Tonk Heroes," then you'll want to see a new museum exhibit offering a deeper look at the poets, pickers and characters that revolutionized country music in the 1970s.
- Odessa AmericanCountry crooner on stage tonightApril 11, 2019
- Connecticut PostKris Kristofferson: Grammy winner on tour with The StrangersMarch 20, 2019
- Norfolk Daily NewsThis Day in Country Music: September 14September 15, 2018
- Norfolk Daily NewsThis Day in Country Music: June 27June 28, 2018
- Norfolk Daily NewsThis Day in Country Music: June 22June 22, 2018