Companies hope vests will ease burden for assembly workers
FLAT ROCK, Mich. (AP) — Ford Motor Co. and other manufacturers want to help their workers take a load off. Or at least make it easier to lift a load up.
Ford is among several companies providing wearable technology to elevate and support their workers' arms.
Nicholas Gotts wears an EksoVest during his shifts building Mustangs at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant in suburban Detroit. He says the exoskeleton makes his job "a whole lot easier and a lot less strenuous."
Looking for an edge: Teams trying to turn data into wins
Data is pored over by coaches and staff of the Orlando Magic on a regular basis. They'll dissect how far a player runs during practice, how quickly that player accelerates and decelerates, how his performance changes as the workout goes along, biometric measurements like his heartbeat or when his workload is particularly heavy.
The charts and graphs are detailed and precise.
But how it'll help the Magic win, that's still an unknown.
Most of us would agree that technology changes the way we live and think. Who would have thought five to 10 years ago that it would be possible to check your email on your watch or control your thermostat from your phone?
Even luxury brands have jumped onto the “internet of things” bandwagon with the introduction of the Louis Vuitton smartwatch.
Courtesy of the Canton Regional and Greater West Virginia Better Business Bureau
According to Forbes.com, wearable technology has quickly become the new fad that's a must-have. From smart watches, glasses, fitness and health trackers to smart jewelry, there are thousands of devices and designs to choose from. The wearables market is expected to be more than $4 billion in 2017. Out of the 70 percent of consumers that are aware of wearables, one in six of those currently own and use one.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Timberwolves are getting into the jersey advertisement game with a Fitbit patch in a three-year deal.
The Timberwolves announced the marketing collaboration for the team's first jersey patch on Tuesday. Fitbit also will be featured in the newly renovated Target Center, with the team exploring ways the wearable technology can help players, employees and fans track their health and fitness during practices, games and everyday activities.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Never mind tracking steps and burned calories.
A recent initiative from Ochsner Health System uses wearable technology with built-in health-tracking features to help patients with chronic diseases better manage their condition in real time.
The Creative Tech Works Design Studio, Jr. Music Executive and the Blues Babe Foundation launched new offices at Community Tech Collective last week located at 2233 N. Broad St.
Teens and young adults are welcome to sign up for programs that include coding pre-apprenticeship programs, music and technology production or wearable technology markerspace.
- Business WireGlobal 3D Pedometer Industry Outlook 2019-2027 - Primarily Governed by the Rapidly Growing Wearable Technology Market Worldwide - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 5, 2019
- Business WireApple Heart Study Demonstrates Ability of Wearable Technology to Detect Atrial FibrillationMarch 16, 2019
- Business WireWearable Medical Devices: 2019 Technologies & Global Markets - Forecast to 2023 with Profiles on Abbott Laboratories, Atlas, Fitbit, Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, and Omron Corp - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 6, 2019
- Globe NewswireOcutrx Vision Technologies Named to StartUp City’s List of 15 Most Promising Wearable Technology StartupsFebruary 5, 2019
- BusinessWireMbientLab Launches its MIOTherapy Physical Therapy Wearable TechnologyJanuary 28, 2019