At least 14 killed in China highway pile-up
BEIJING (AP) — Authorities in China say at least 14 people have been killed and 27 injured in a highway pile-up.
The accident Saturday night happened after a heavy truck lost control and crashed into a line of vehicles waiting at a toll station in the northwestern province of Gansu.
Last week, 15 people were killed after a bus to plunged off a high bridge into China's Yangtze River in the western city of Chongqing.
Woman fought with driver, causing bus to fall in China river
BEIJING (AP) — A fight between a bus driver and a passenger who missed her stop caused the bus to plunge off a high bridge into China's Yangtze River, police said Friday. All 15 people onboard are presumed dead.
An eight-second surveillance video released by Chongqing city police on its Weibo social media account shows the two arguing and grappling with each other in the moments before the bus suddenly veered across oncoming traffic and off the bridge Sunday morning.
Bus recovered 4 days after deadly plunge off Chinese bridge
BEIJING (AP) — Official Chinese media say rescuers have salvaged the wreckage of a bus that plunged off a bridge into the Yangtze River four days earlier and have recovered nine bodies.
Xinhua News Agency reported a floating crane pulled the wreck out of the river Wednesday night. Rescuers are expected to enter the bus to search for other victims. Fifteen people including the driver were on the bus.
Bus plunges off bridge into China’s Yangtze River, killing 2
BEIJING (AP) — A bus has plunged off a large bridge spanning China's Yangtze River, with state media saying two people were killed.
Police say the bus suddenly veered into the wrong lane and collided with an oncoming car Sunday before breaking through a guard rail and falling into the wide river in Chongqing in southwestern China.
Divers and other rescue workers were searching for the passengers and driver. Police said that more than 10 people were on the bus.
BEIJING (AP) — More than 130,000 people have been evacuated to shelters as a tropical storm slammed into Shanghai.
Downgraded from a typhoon, Tropical Storm Jongdari arrived in the Chinese financial hub on Friday morning packing powerful winds. It is expected to gradually weaken as it moves westward into the Yangtze River delta.
Kansas soldier became hero when boat sank in Chinese river
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — On a Sunday in December 1937, the U.S.S. Panay was patrolling the Yangtze River in China after rescuing American diplomats and journalists from the country torn by fighting between Chinese troops and invading Japanese forces.
Aboard the Panay was U.S. Army Capt. Frank N. Roberts, a 40-year-old Oskaloosa native, who had been an assistant military attaché at the American embassy in Nanking.
China charges 9 people for dumping toxic waste
BEIJING (AP) — Chinese authorities have charged nine people from a waste treatment facility with the dumping tens of thousands of tons of toxic waste into a section of the Yangtze River near Shanghai.
BEIJING (AP) — Water levels are starting to recede in central and eastern China Thursday following a week of heavy downpours that broke levees, flooded cities and villages, halted public transportation, and left at least 181 people dead or missing.
China Meteorological Administration on late Wednesday said the city of Wuhan, which has 8 million residents and sits on the Yangtze river, had a record weekly rainfall of 57.4 centimeters (22.6 inches).
- Globe NewswireBragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Yangtze River, YRC Worldwide, Natural Health, and Maiden Holdings and Encourages Investors to Contact the FirmMarch 3, 2019
- Globe NewswireYRIV MARCH 4th INVESTOR DEADLINE: Rosen Law Firm Reminds Yangtze River Port and Logistics Limited Investors of Important Deadline in Securities Class Action – YRIVMarch 2, 2019
- Globe NewswireYRIV DEADLINE: Yangtze River Port and Logistics Limited Reminder: Pawar Law Reminds of Important March 4, 2019 Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action – YRIVMarch 1, 2019
- Globe NewswireSHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Yangtze River Port & Logistics Limited - YRIVFebruary 28, 2019
- Globe NewswireDeadline Alert: The Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Yangtze River Port and Logistics LimitedFebruary 28, 2019