Tractor safety event to be held at The Wild Ramp
HUNTINGTON — The growing and mowing season is upon us and you can learn more about tractor and mower operation at the upcoming free Tractor Safety workshop at The Wild Ramp.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 1, stop by The Wild Ramp, 555 14th St., West, where Jason Ekers with Rocky Knob Farms, who is an experienced farmer and mechanic, will be sharing his expertise about tractor operation and safety. This class will help farmers and folks doing lawn care — young and old — learn the capability of their equipment and the importance of proper maintenance.
Matt Moore, the program coordinator at The Wild Ramp, said that reading the news just about any day in the summer shows what can happen when safety isn’t followed.
“There was just a bad rollover accident the other day and the farming and mowing season is upon us and we want people to be as safe as they can,” Moore said. “Jason is an experienced farmer and he is also a mechanic and works on all his farm equipment. He knows people who have gotten hurt and he doesn’t want to see that happen to any-
to anybody else we figured we would throw an event. It happens all the time though and that was the motivation for organizing this.”
Moore said the workshop is free and open to the public. They would like folks if they can to RSVP though so they know about how many to expect.
Other upcoming June events for The Wild Ramp include:
• The Wild Ramp — Cooking 4 Kids: Monday, June 10
• The Wild Ramp — Fermentation 101: Thursday, June 13
• Cabell Huntington Hospital — Mobile Market Days: June 6, 13, 20, 27
• Heritage Station — Mobile Market Days: June 4, 18
• Marcum Terrace — Mobile Market Days: June 5, 19
• Huntington First Church of the Nazarene — Mobile Market Days: June 3, 17
• Community of Grace United Methodist Church — Mobile Market Days: June 10, 24