Veterans Day closings and events
Saturday is Veterans Day. The city of Santa Fe will celebrate with a parade that will begin at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Bishops Lodge and Murales roads and make its way through the Plaza to the Bataan Memorial Building, where an 11 a.m. commemoration will take place.
Many government agencies and banking institutions will observe Veterans Day on Friday, which will lead to some office closings or service hour changes:
• City of Santa Fe offices will be closed Friday, though trash and recycling pickup will take place as normal.
• City of Santa Fe buses will run Friday on a Saturday schedule.
• Santa Fe County offices will be closed Friday, as will the county’s solid waste transfer stations.
• District, Magistrate and Municipal courts will be closed Friday.
• Rail Runner Express commuter train service will run on its regular schedule both Friday and Saturday.
• Santa Fe Public Schools will be open Friday.
• The U.S. Postal Service will operate Friday but will be closed Saturday
Additionally, New Mexico museums that fall under the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs will offer free admission to active-duty military, veterans and National Guard personnel in celebration of Veterans Day on Friday. Those museums include the New Mexico History Museum and Palace of the Governors, the Museum of International Folk Art and the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture in Santa Fe; the New Mexico Museum of Space History in Alamogordo; the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science in Albuquerque; the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces; and the Art Museum at the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque.