Related topics

August heists net 12-year sentence

May 17, 2019 GMT

A Fort Wayne woman was ordered Thursday to spend 12 years in prison for her role in two home invasion robberies last year.

Amber Lunsford, 26, was with a group that robbed two men in their homes Aug. 11 and Aug. 27. In both cases, the men were tied up and held at gunpoint while items including cash and jewelry were stolen.

Each man “had recently entertained females from internet escort sites” and later : six months later, in one case : the group showed up at their homes and demanded money, according to court documents.

Lunsford pleaded guilty in February to criminal confinement and two counts of robbery. She was sentenced Thursday in Allen Superior Court.


She admitted her role in both robberies to police in a December interview but said she was forced to take part by her boyfriend, Tyray Bradley, a probable cause affidavit alleged.

Bradley, 21, Maleya Morris, 20, and Vincent Morris, 30, each are charged in the Aug. 27 robbery. Vincent Morris is also charged in the earlier robbery, and his trials are scheduled July 23 and Aug. 6.

Maleya Morris pleaded guilty in April to robbery and criminal confinement, and a plea agreement calls for her to be sentenced Sept. 6 to eight years in prison. Bradley’s trial is scheduled Aug. 21.

The victim in the Aug. 11 robbery answered his door about 10 p.m. to find two women and two men on his porch. A gun was pointed at his head, and money was taken from his wallet. Police said cash and other items were taken from a safe inside the home after the victim was forced to give robbers the combination, investigators said.

“Don’t move or I will (expletive) kill you,” a member of the group told the man, according to the affidavit.

In the later robbery, the victim awoke about 1 a.m. to find two men with flashlights in his home. He was forced to open a safe and a gun safe after two women arrived and “numerous guns and items” were stolen, police said.

The man was bound with an extension cord, placed into his SUV and taken to at least two banks, where about $800 was withdrawn, court documents said. He was dumped in an alley, and the vehicle was driven away.