Second person dies from flu, state says
HARTFORD — The State Department of Health is reporting that a second person in Connecticut has died from the flu this season.
The person was in the 50-64-year-old age range, state officials say. The gender of the victim nor the town where he or she lived was not released.
Connecticut’s first flu death of the season was reported last week. That patient was over the age of 65, the DPH said. The location of that victim wasn’t released, either.
A total of 46 confirmed cases of the flu have been reported in Connecticut since August 26. In all, 23 people have been hospitalized with the flu, according to the health department.
Of the 23, 15 were associated with type A (subtype unspecified), 4 with influenza A (H3N2), and 4 with influenza B viruses.