Rome Twp. to host Clean-Up Day
ROME TOWNSHIP — The Rome Township Board of Trustees’ annual Rome Township Clean-Up Day is Saturday, May 18, at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds (located in Rome Township) at the corner of County Road 411 and State Route 7.
Rome Township residents may utilize this service through the main gate at the Fairgrounds, where dumpsters will be available from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 18 only.
The following rules must be adhered to for access to the dumpsters:
• Residents must show proof of residency upon request,
• All household garbage/trash must be bagged,
• Limit of one pickup truck load per household,
• Tires will be accepted with limit of 10 per truck,
• Batteries, metal appliances and furniture will be accepted
• No paint cans and no chemicals of any kind.
This service is provided for by the Rome Township Board of Trustees. For further information, contact Trustees Mark Bailey 886-7598, Brian Pinkerman at 886-8774 or J.B. Finlay at 304-634-2405 or Cheryl Jenkins, fiscal officer, at 740-886-7497.