npm, Inc. Achieves Record Results in 2018, Doubles Down on Enterprise Strategy in 2019
“These developer engagement stats don’t seem believable, but they are real,” said Bryan Bogensberger, who was recently appointed as CEO. “The npm ecosystem is truly staggering, offering great potential to help modern enterprise developers in entirely new ways. We have built a strong company specifically designed to empower developers to build amazing things by working faster and reusing code responsibly.”
npm, Inc. also announced a 140% increase in team size, with 30 new hires across its engineering, marketing, community, sales, security, support and services and financial operations. This growth included new appointments and role changes on its management team, expanding npm’s bench of seasoned open source business leaders:
- Ross Turk, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Community
- Nigel Thomas, Vice President of Sales
- Dawn Umlah, Chief Operating Officer
- Isaac Schlueter, Chief Product Officer
- Laurie Voss, Chief Data Officer
Other npm, Inc. achievements in 2018 include:
- Product updates: released version 6 of the npm developer tool with 17x faster performance and new automatic warnings if a developer attempts to use open source code with known security issues; introduced ` npm audit `, a suite of npm commands that analyze complex, interdependent code to pinpoint security vulnerabilities and repair them automatically; introduced `npm ci`, a development workflow for enterprises with continuous integration/continuous deployment processes.
- Partnerships: partnered with Google Cloud to announce a new generation of enterprise-facing workflow and security tools that automatically scale to support the development requirements of global teams.
- Industry accolades: was named one of Business Insider’s5 DevOps Startups to Bet Your Career on in 2019.
- Company growth: increased company size 140%, with key hires in engineering, marketing and community, sales, security, support and services and finance.
“As a team focused on supporting entrepreneurs, it’s incredibly satisfying to watch a company build on its successes, becoming something better and stronger than it was when it started,” said Puneet Agarwal, a partner at True Ventures. “npm has long lived in the hearts of developers, who have come to rely on the low-friction experience it was designed to provide. By expanding the focus beyond individual developers to enterprises, npm is poised to help them benefit from the same efficiencies.”
“Enterprises are innovating faster than ever before because of strong developer ecosystems, like npm,” said Ethan Kurzweil, a partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. “We’ve already seen how npm has changed the way developers get work done. Now, there’s a significant opportunity to completely change the way organizations ship amazing products, in quick, agile, and more secure ways. When engineering time is one of a company’s most valuable resources, npm’s value is nearly incalculable.”
Individuals interested in learning more about and contributing to open-source npm projects may learn more at https://npm.community.
Open employment opportunities at npm, Inc. are available at https://www.npmjs.com/jobs.
About npm, Inc.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190131005265/en/
CONTACT: Cybele Diamandopoulos
FOLIO Communications Group, LLC
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY INTERNET SOFTWARE
SOURCE: npm, Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 01/31/2019 10:00 AM/DISC: 01/31/2019 10:01 AM