ADVERTISEMENT
Related topics

Actor Withdraws Claim as Bono Heir

August 4, 1999 GMT

LOS ANGELES (AP) _ A struggling actor has withdrawn his claim that he is Sonny Bono’s son and an heir to the late singer-turned-congressman’s estate.

Sean Machu, 35, was not listed as an heir in court documents filed in Riverside County proposing how Bono’s $1.72 million estate and other assets would be divided.

``I can confirm that we are no longer pursuing the claim,″ Machu’s attorney, Michael Baranov, said Tuesday. He declined further comment.

Machu filed a claim against the estate in July 1998, contending he was Bono’s son and heir. Bono had died six months earlier in a skiing accident.

Bono’s widow, Rep. Mary Bono, said she wouldn’t contest Machu’s claim if he was Bono’s son. The results of a DNA test performed earlier this year have not been made public.