Related topics

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills five

May 28, 1997 GMT

SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) _ Five members of a family died of carbon monoxide poisoning at their home, apparently after a car engine was left running in the garage.

Montgomery County police spokeswoman Ann Evans said Wednesday ``the focus of the investigation is whether the deaths were accidental or deliberate.″ Evans said the car’s ignition was on and the battery had run down.

The bodies were found around noon scattered around the house in the Maryland suburb of the District of Columbia.

A dentist who lives next door described the inhabitants as having come from Trinidad and said they moved into the house about two years ago.

The bodies were found when relatives returned home after being away for several days.

The victims were identified as Parkash Ray Raman, 51, the father; Ester Raman, 49, the mother; their son, Rishi David, 20; their daughter, Rehanna, 19; and a male cousin, Lally Raman, 48.