ICR Publishes Guide to Direct Listings and Hosts Webinar on Paths to Public Markets
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 14, 2020--
ICR, a leading strategic communications and advisory firm, has published a Guide to Direct Listings, a comprehensive resource for companies exploring alternative routes to the public markets.
The Guide to Direct Listings provides an in-depth overview and analysis of the mechanics behind a Direct Listing, along with case studies detailing approaches recently taken by companies that have pursued the transaction and the market’s reception.
Last week ICR co-hosted a webinar together with IPO Edge on IPOs, SPACs, and Direct Listings, offering further insight and guidance on the path to an IPO or alternative options such as SPACs and Direct Listings, which have grown in popularity throughout 2020.
“This year Direct Listings and SPACs have become increasingly attractive alternatives to companies with public markets ambitions. While each route has its benefits, it’s critical that companies understand the nuances and complexities of each,” said Don Duffy, President, ICR. “Whether it’s a traditional IPO, Direct Listing, or SPAC, ICR has the unmatched expertise businesses need as they prepare for a public market debut.”
Hosted in partnership with Latham & Watkins LLP, Nasdaq, MorganFranklin Consulting, GTS, Woodruff Sawyer, Jefferies and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association, the 90-minute webinar covered the following topics:
- Internal planning and readiness considerations
- D&O insurance for IPOs, SPACs, and Direct Listings
- Solving the lockup problem with Direct Listings
- Narrowing the gap between private valuations and the first Direct Listing trade
- Raising new capital in a Direct Listing
- Growth in SPAC activity and potential limitations
- Considerations for going public during election season
Joining Steve Parish, Co-Head of Capital Markets, ICR Capital and Greg McDowell, Managing Director, ICR Capital, panelists included:
- Benjamin J. Cohen, Partner, Corporate Department, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Rachel W. Sheridan, Partner, Capital Markets, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Karen Snow, Senior Vice President, Head of East Coast Listings & Capital Services, Nasdaq
- Barbara Ard, Managing Director, Accounting & Transaction Services Lead, MorganFranklin Consulting
- Priya Cherian Huskins, Senior Vice President, Management Liability, Woodruff Sawyer
- Patrick Murphy, Head of NYSE Market Making & Listing Services, GTS
- Scott Skidmore, Managing Director, Head of U.S. Equity Capital Markets, Jefferies
- Hope King, Multimedia Editor, IPO Edge
- John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, IPO Edge
Established in 1998, ICR partners with its clients to execute strategic communications and advisory programs that achieve business goals, build awareness and credibility, and enhance long-term enterprise value. The firm’s highly-differentiated service model, which pairs capital markets veterans with senior communications professionals, brings deep sector knowledge and relationships to more than 750 clients in approximately 20 industries. ICR’s healthcare practice operates under the Westwicke brand ( www.westwicke.com ). Today, ICR is one of the largest and most experienced independent communications and advisory firms in North America, maintaining offices in New York, Norwalk, Boston, Baltimore, San Francisco, San Diego and Beijing. Learn more at www.icrinc.com. Follow us on Twitter at @ICRPR.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201014005338/en/
Alexis Blais, ICR,email@example.com
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FINANCE CONSULTING PUBLISHING PUBLIC RELATIONS/INVESTOR RELATIONS
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 10/14/2020 09:00 AM/DISC: 10/14/2020 09:01 AM