Nintendo Download: Legends and Boomerangs Always Return
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 8, 2021--
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following content:
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210708005274/en/
MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin will be available on July 9.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin – A new adventure awaits you in this second installment of the turn-based RPG series set in the world of MONSTER HUNTER! Become a Rider and form bonds with friendly monsters to fight alongside them as you take part in an epic story. You play as the grandson of Red, a legendary Rider. The story begins with a fateful encounter with Ena, a Wyverian girl who has been entrusted with an egg with the potential to hatch into a legendary Rathalos, which could wreak havoc if awakened to its destructive power. Embark on a journey which will test the bonds of friendship in a changing world, and discover the truth behind the legends of old. MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin will be available on July 9.
- Boomerang X – In this action-filled arcade game, catapult yourself through the air, use the power drawn from fallen creatures to slow time and cut through the swarms of dark beings with a razor-edge boomerang. Travel through once bustling locales, sacrificed to hide a myth, and descend the Godpath into the lost realms below. Cleanse these halls and ensure that whatever lies beneath doesn’t come back.
- The Battle Between Ice and Flame Continues – In the Fire Emblem Heroes game* for smart devices, the Tempest Trials+ event, Ice & Flame 1, is currently underway. The event depicts what happened to Fjorm after the events of Book II, so be sure to explore all the lore, and check out this Chibi Playhouse video for a look back at some of the highlights of Book II. You can also unlock some big rewards by playing, including five-star Special Hero Norne: Seaside Volunteer, by earning a score of 15,000 or an Infantry Rush 1 Sacred Seal with a score of 20,000. If you need some anthemic music to motivate you as you charge into battle for those big-ticket rewards, you can check out Fjorm’s song, “Flower of Ice,” performed by Cristina Vee Valenzuela.
- The Newest Inside Indie World Newsletter Hot Off the Presses! – Did you know that Nintendo has its very own newsletter dedicated to indie games? In each issue of the Inside Indie World Newsletter you’ll get to read about some of the latest games headed to the Nintendo Switch system from developers all over the world. The newest issue launches today and it features insights from the developers of the upcoming Skul: The Hero Slayer, as well as insider tips and tricks from the creators of Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield and Dead Cells – Fatal Falls. Plus, it contains a retrospective about the Shovel Knight series in honor of the franchise’s seventh anniversary, interviews with the creative minds behind UnderMine and Signs of the Sojourner, and a wide slate of enticing indie games headed your way soon on Nintendo Switch. Click here to check out the digital newsletter!
- A Wild Encounter With a Fierce amiibo Prize Pack – Attention MONSTER HUNTER fans! My Nintendo is giving away an epic MONSTER HUNTER prize pack to 10 lucky winners in the My Nintendo Ultimate MONSTER HUNTER amiibo Sweepstakes #1 – enter today!** For more information, please visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/125831be337454c4.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- 3D Air Hockey – Available July 14
- A Plague Tale: Innocence – Cloud Version
- Arcade Archives RAIDEN
- ARIA CHRONICLE
- Bai Qu: Hundreds of Melodies – Available July 9
- Beauty Bounce
- Blitz Breaker
- Blocky Puzzle
- Classic Pool – Available July 10
- Connect Bricks – Available July 9
- Crash Drive 3
- Egg Up – Available July 10
- Fantasy Cards – Available July 9
- Fates of Ort – Available July 12
- FLATLAND Vol. 2
- Heart of the Woods
- Indigo 7 Quest for Love
- Induction – Available July 14
- Infinite Golf 2
- Kids: Farm Puzzle
- Kirakira stars idol project Reika
- Marbles Rush
- MARIOZZA COPS
- Merrily Perilly
- Moto Rider GO: Highway Traffic
- My Maitê
- New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia
- Rally Racer: Offroad Racing Car Game
- Rubix Roller
- Ruvato: Original Complex
- Shopping Mall Parking Lot – Available July 9
- Spider Solitaire Collection
- VasterClaws 3:Dragon slayer of the God world
- Worms Rumble
* Free-to-start; optional in-game purchases available. Persistent Internet and compatible smartphone required. Data charges may apply.
** NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the United States, District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 13 years old or older. Sweepstakes begins 10:00 AM PT on 7/7/2021 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on 8/7/2021. To enter, you must (1) have a Nintendo Account; (2) visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/sweepstake; (3) sign in to your Nintendo Account, and (4) redeem 10 Platinum Points per entry at the My Nintendo™ Ultimate Monster Hunter amiibo™ Sweepstakes #1 page as stated in Official Rules. There will be ten (10) winners. Each winner will receive fifteen (15) Monster Hunter themed amiibo figures (ARV between $19.99 and $24.99 each) and one Monster Hunter themed poster set (ARV $49.95). Total ARV of each prize: $370.80 USD. Total ARV of all prizes: $3,708.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Details and restrictions apply. For Official Rules, visit https://nintendo.com/rules/MyNintendo_Ultimate_Monster_Hunter_amiibo_1_Official_Sweepstakes_rules. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about parental controls on Nintendo Switch and other features, visit https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/parental-controls/ and https://www.nintendo.com/switch/. For all other systems please visit http://support.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210708005274/en/
CONTACT: Eddie Garcia
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA WASHINGTON
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENTERTAINMENT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY ONLINE MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT ELECTRONIC GAMES
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/08/2021 12:00 PM/DISC: 07/08/2021 12:01 PM