Glendale issues traffic advisory for game day
Glendale Traffic Management Center is advising football fans and drivers in the West Valley about heavy traffic expected on Loop 101 between Northern Avenue and Camelback Road on Saturday, Dec. 31 due to the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl at University of Phoenix Stadium.
There will also be numerous game-day activities in the surrounding area and heavy traffic is predicted on all major surface streets that are close to the stadium.
Parking in undesignated areas or on residential streets is prohibited. Event traffic must use arterial streets to access the area. Neighborhood street access is restricted to local traffic only.
Glendale Sports and Entertainment District Parking:
· Westgate Entertainment District: Parking lots open early with free parking between 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in all Westgate lots, as well as after 5:15 p.m. The price between 1-5:15 p.m. is $10 per vehicle. Westgate Entertainment District will have plenty of PlayStation Fiesta Bowl fun for all ages, including fan activities, music, ice skating and there are over 20 bars and restaurants to choose from. No tailgating. Access Westgate parking from Glendale Avenue, heading south on 93rd or 95th avenues. More information can be found at www.westgateaz.com/visitorinfo/fiestabowl/.
· Tanger Outlets: Parking lots open early with free parking between 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in all Tanger lots. Paid parking from 1-5:15 p.m. is $20. www.tangeroutlets.com/glendale.
· PlayStation Fiesta Bowl Parking: Parking passes are available for pre-purchase at PlayStation Fiesta Bowl - Fiesta Bowl | Fiesta Bowl and must be picked up at the Scottsdale PlayStation Fiesta Bowl Ticket Office during regular business hours. There are a limited number of pay-at-the-gate (cash only) spaces for sale by the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl in the University of Phoenix Stadium and Gila River Arena. PlayStation Fiesta Bowl parking lots open six hours before kickoff.
1. All parking passes south of Maryland Avenue are $40 per pass
2. All parking passes north of Maryland Avenue are $30 per pass
3. RV parking passes are $150 per pass
4. Limo parking passes are $120 per pass
5. Bus parking passes are $250 per pass
Traffic restrictions to be aware of:
· Maryland Avenue between 93rd and 95th avenues will be closed to all traffic except pedestrians and limited to shuttle operations.
· 95th Avenue in front of the stadium will be closed to all traffic except pedestrians.
Traffic tips for drivers:
· Arrive early and follow the directions on the back of parking pass, which should hang from the rear view mirror.
· Understand the "Clear Bag Policy" and take a look at University of Phoenix Stadium’s policy.
· Do not rely on GPS for parking routes.
· Follow all traffic signs. In some cases there are multiple turn lanes (dual rights or dual lefts) that will allow traffic to load and unload parking lots faster.
· Vehicles may be subject to search. Plan accordingly.
· For up-to-date traffic information, visit www.az511.com or dial 511.
· Glendale provides real-time traffic information via Twitter- follow @Glendale AZPD
Stadium gates open at 3 p.m. and kick-off is at 5 p.m. MST.
Refer to the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl Game Day Guide for complete details about all event activities.
For more information, visit www.glendaleaz.com, www.fiestabowl.org, www.westgateaz.com/visitorinfo/fiestabowl/, www.universityofphoenixstadium.com/, www.tangeroutlets.com/glendale