ADVERTISEMENT
Related topics

Connecticut high school students hospitalized after vaping

December 4, 2021 GMT

NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Multiple students at a southwestern Connecticut high school were hospitalized after using a vaping product at school.

WABC-TV reports police responded to the school Friday afternoon after receiving a report of a student needing medical attention. Officers found several students had used a vaping product that appeared to have been tainted somehow and made the students very ill.

The Brien McMahon High School students were taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment.

The Norwalk Public Schools district did not immediately respond to a message Saturday seeking an update on the students and more information about the incident.

Police warned parents to discuss the dangers of vaping products with their children and say they can be tainted with dangerous or deadly chemicals.