Related topics

Fire breaks out at Raleigh service station

November 1, 2016 GMT

Some southeast Raleigh residents were evacuated Tuesday afternoon after a fire broke out at a service station at 1900 Poole Road near Angier Avenue.

Authorities said that about three people were working on cars inside the service station, which does not pump gas.

Authorities, who are unsure how the fire started, said workers moved out of the way as a bystander attempted to extinguish the flames. The fire continued to spread, fueled by the oil and grease from the cars.

Houses near the business were temporarily evacuated as a precaution, and people were allowed to return to their homes shortly after.


According to a fire report, the building was a total loss and the cause of the fire was deemed accidental.