Related topics

1 person injured in house fire that spread from camper

April 19, 2021 GMT

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) — One person in south-central Kansas was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation early Monday after a fire that started in camper parked in the driveway spread to a home, firefighters in Hutchinson said.

The fire was reported around 3 a.m. Monday in Hutchinson, television station KSNW reported. Firefighters arrived to find a camper engulfed in flames in the home’s driveway, and the fire had spread to the exterior of the home and into the home’s attic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Officials said two people were home at the time of the fire, with one suffering from smoke inhalation. The fire was quickly brought under control.