Reward for information on missing Maine man increased
BIDDEFORD, Maine (AP) — The parents of Angel Torres, a Maine man who has been missing for 22 years, have increased the reward for information pertaining to his disappearance.
Ramona and Narciso Torres are now offering $20,000 for information about the fate of their son or information that to leads whoever is responsible, the Portland Press Herald reported Monday.
Angel Torres was last seen on May 21, 1999, in Biddeford outside of a convenience store.
Ramona Torres said Monday that she and her husband hope that the money will persuade someone to step up and do the right thing.
“I think we have a great team working on this, and I believe the police are making progress,” she said. “At this point in our lives, we just want someone to come forward to help us find his remains. It would give us closure.”
Maine State Police issued a statement Monday indicating that they believe that foul play was involved, according to spokesperson Shannon Moss. There have not been any arrests.
Last spring on the 22nd anniversary of Angel’s disappearance, the Torres family increased the reward to $16,500. Last week, a local business owner, who asked to remain anonymous, donated $3,500 toward the reward, Moss said.