Turkey has not shared audio evidence of Jamal Khashoggi’s slaying with anyone: Report
Turkey intelligence has not shared with the U.S. any audio evidence from their investigation into the killing and dismemberment of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi, Reuters reported Friday.
“We will share the results that emerge transparently with the whole world. We have not shared any information at all with any country,” Minister of Foreign Affairs Mevlut Cavusoglu told reporters.
Mr. Cavusoglu also specifically denied giving any recording to Secretary of State Michael Pompeo, who traveled to Saudi Arabia and Turkey this week to discuss Mr. Khashoggi’s disappearance.
Mr. Pompeo also pushed back on reports that he was briefed on the audio recording.
“I’ve seen no tape. I’ve seen no or I’ve heard no tape. I’ve seen no transcript,” he told reporters traveling with him to Mexico City, “This is a very serious matter that we’re working diligently on. And so to put out headlines that are factually false does no one any good.”
After launching their investigation, Turkish officials said they have audio evidence that The Post writer was killed and dismembered inside the Saudi Consulate.
Earlier this week, President Trump said he wanted to review the evidence “if it exists.”