Global $7.06 Billion Disposable Masks Market Forecasts to 2027: Surging Demand for Personal Use Disposable Masks in the Immediate Impact of COVID-19 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 21, 2020--
The “Disposable Masks Market By Product, By Application And By Distribution Channel, Forecasts To 2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Escalating demand for N95 masks amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Global Disposable Masks Market size is forecast to reach USD 7.06 Billion from USD 4.24 Billion in 2019, delivering a CAGR of 6.4% through 2027.
Market growth is driven by the growing emphasis on occupational safety and health in hazardous industries and rising health concerns arising due to severe environmental pollution. Growing health awareness among individuals and surging demand for personal use disposable masks in the immediate impact of COVID-19 on the market.
The COVID-19 Impact:
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in speeding up the relevance of disposable masks like never before. The lack of knowledge regarding the transmission from asymptomatic infected people or with the presence of non-specific symptomatic populace at the early stages of infection spread has led to increased adoption of disposable masks among healthcare workers, patients, the general public, in short, to everyone in the community for preventing community transmission of the deadly virus.
Guidelines provided by major healthcare agencies like the World Health Organization regarding the use of masks have further bolstered the disposable masks market’s growth. Under its interim guidance provided by the WHO on 19th March 2020, it has advised using masks in the community, in health care settings, and during home care, in the context of COVID-19.
Health care workers are also advised to use a medical mask when coming in the proximity of a suspected or confirmed patient. The guidelines further emphasized the use of N95 masks while performing procedures that generate aerosol. These guidelines by major healthcare agencies are leading to growing awareness as well as increased demand for disposable masks.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Based on product type, the respirator masks segment is estimated to account for the majority of the global disposable masks market share over the analysis period. Disposable respiratory masks, such as N95 Respirators, are extensively used in healthcare and industrial settings. However, growing awareness regarding the effectiveness of these masks in lowering the risk of infection by preventing the inhalation of liquid droplets is leading to surging product demand both from the common public as well as healthcare workers.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the drug store segment accounted for over 40% of the disposable masks market share in 2019 and is forecast to contribute to a significant revenue share through 2017. The growth can be attributed to the easy availability of required products on an urgent basis through drug stores. This has been largely observed amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Based on application, the personal segment is forecast to witness a substantial growth rate of 6.9% through 2027 on account of growing awareness among masses regarding personal hygiene due to the global pandemic along with the expansion of the geriatric population base, which is more prone to infections.
- In the regional landscape, North America is estimated to be a major regional ground for the disposable masks market on account of the presence of established chemical and healthcare industries in the region. As of 28th October 2020, the total number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. is 9,039,170 and is still on the rise, generating high demand for disposable masks.
- Prominent players in the global disposable masks market are Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Halyard Healthcare, 3M Company, Honeywell International Inc., Besco Medical Limited, Uvex Group, SAS Safety Corporation, Kwalitex Healthcare Pvt Ltd., Kowa Company. Ltd., and Medicom Group, among others.
- In January 2020, 3M Company, a leading American multinational conglomerate corporation, exponentially raised the production of its N95 respirator masks to cater to the growing product demand amid the COVID-19 outbreak. The company also incorporated robots in the assembly line in order to resolve the issue of an insufficient number of employees.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2019-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Disposable Masks Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Disposable Masks Market Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
126.96.36.199. The increasing demand for Disposable Masks for personal use
188.8.131.52. The rising emphasis on occupational health and safety
184.108.40.206. COVID-19 outbreak and increasing demand for N95 masks
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
220.127.116.11. Logistics and transportation issues
18.104.22.168. Reduced demand for industrial use due to COVID-19 pandemic
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price Trend Analysis
4.9. Customer Mapping
4.10. COVID-19 Impact Analysis
4.11. Global Recession Influence
Chapter 5. Disposable Masks Market By Product Type Insights & Trends
5.1. Product Type Dynamics & Market Share, 2019 & 2027
5.2. Surgical Masks
5.3. Dust Masks
5.4. Respirator Masks
Chapter 6. Disposable Masks Market By Distribution channel Insights & Trends
6.1. Distribution channel Dynamics & Market Share, 2019 & 2027
6.2. Hospitals & Clinic pharmacy
6.3. Online Store
6.4. Drug Store
Chapter 7. Disposable Masks Market By Application Insights & Trends
7.1. Application Dynamics & Market Share, 2019 & 2027
Chapter 8. Disposable Masks Market Regional Outlook
8.1. Disposable Masks Market share By Region, 2019 & 2027
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
9.1. Market Revenue Share By Manufacturers
9.2. Manufacturing Cost Breakdown Analysis
9.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
9.4. Market positioning
9.5. Strategy Benchmarking
9.6. Vendor Landscape
Chapter 10. Company Profiles
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- 3M Company
- Halyard Healthcare
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Uvex Group
- Besco Medical Limited
- SAS Safety Corporation
- Medicom Group
- Kwalitex Healthcare Pvt Ltd.
- Kowa Company. Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mhepdn
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201221005501/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL SPECIALTY HEALTH MEDICAL SUPPLIES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 12/21/2020 10:03 AM/DISC: 12/21/2020 10:03 AM