AP NEWS
ADVERTISEMENT

Palazzo in Las Vegas to temporarily close hotel rooms

December 8, 2020 GMT

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The owner of two casino resorts in Las Vegas has announced that it will temporarily prevent hotel booking at one of its resorts.

The Las Vegas Sands Corporation said Monday that it would temporarily close all hotel rooms at The Palazzo.

The hotel stopped accepting weekday reservations in July, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

Reservations will be offered exclusively at the company’s Venetian hotel through at least Dec. 23.

Most of The Palazzo’s restaurants and bars will remain open. Its shops and its parking garage will also maintain operations. Its casino will stay open, too, but there will be limited table games available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Spokespeople for the company did not respond to how the new measures would affect employment.

Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said in October that while weekend occupancies at his hotels had been “as high as 70%,” midweek occupancy rates have been low since the pandemic began.

The average weekend occupancy rates in Las Vegas hotels in October were 64% while midweek occupancy averaged 39%, according to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority’s latest report.