Download YouTube Videos: #1 Site to Download YouTube Videos to Your Computer and Other Devices
New York, NY - ( NewMediaWire ) - December 14, 2020 - Downloading YouTube videos, in most cases, is not illegal, but it does violate YouTube’s Terms of Service so you should be careful about how. The best site to download YouTube videos is one that’s simple to use, fast and supports all file formats.
It should also be free of spam and virus issues, and a site that checks all these boxes is:
A minimalist design lets you input your video URL and just like that, you can download any video, YouTube or otherwise.
The ins And Outs of Downloading YouTube Videos
Every minute, over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube, and occasionally, you can come across one that you want to download and make sure you never lose. Maybe it’s a great tutorial or recipe that you don’t want to risk no longer having access to in case the creator takes it down, or maybe it’s the new episode of a TV show you want to download for offline watching.
The challenge is that YouTube’s Terms of Service specifically says: You are not allowed to download any content except if expressly authorized with written permission from YouTube and the other rights holders.
That’s a long process to download the recipe for a pancake or listen to Rand Fishkin talk about what’s changing in digital marketing on your way to work. Additionally, from a copyright perspective, as long as you’re downloading a video for personal use, you’re doing nothing wrong.
A site like ve3, which lets you download video files from YouTube, but also other sites, and does so without requiring you to install anything. It’s a simple matter of
1. Opening YouTube on any web browser and finding the video you want to download
2. Then you want to copy the video’s URL and head to ve3
3. Once there, paste the URL in the bar and click Download
This will redirect you to a page where you can choose the format you want to download your video in, including WebM and MP4, and in resolutions that go all the way to 2160p or 4K.
1. Using VLC
Open source and cross-platform multimedia player VLC makes it possible for users to download YouTube videos but in a bit of a convoluted way. You’ll need to:
- Go to the video you want to download and copy the URL.
- Open VLC and under the “Media” menu, select “Open Network Stream” and paste the URL.
- Click Play, and once the video starts playing, you need to go to “Tools” and find “Codec Information”; You’ll find a box called “Location” or “Source” at the bottom, and you need to copy the URL there.
- Then you need to head back to your browser and paste the URL before clicking enter. This creates a temporary web address for the video, which you can then right-click and save.
If VLC doesn’t let you even play the video, it means the location of the video is restricted or it contains copyrighted material.
2. Using 4K Video Downloader
It’s often called the most versatile YouTube downloader that allows users to save content from YouTube in various video and audio formats. To use 4K Video Downloader, you’ll need to:
- Download the setup file and follow the instructions to install the app.
- Once that’s done, head to YouTube and find the video you want to download; You’ll need the URL.
- Once you have the URL, Open the 4K Video Downloader app and find Paste Link in the top-left corner.
- From the “Format” menu that opens, select the one you want.
- Click “Download” and that should be the end of it.
The app also works with sites like Vimeo, Facebook and a few other big-name video hosting and sharing services.
The easiest way to download a YouTube video is to use a downloader site that requires nothing to be installed on your devices. Just remember that using a downloaded YouTube content for your own projects is a big no-no and can easily get you to fall foul of copyright law.
Even if it’s commercially available music, no media company will be good with you using a soundtrack or other element owned by them for free. So, any content you download with ve3 or any other site should be for your personal use only.