Outlook on the Infusion Pump Global Market to 2030 - by Product Type, Application, Material, End-use and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 16, 2022--
The “Infusion Pump Market Size, Share, Trends Forecast to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global infusion pump market size is expected to reach USD 28.01 Billion in 2030 and register a revenue CAGR of 9.4% over the forecast period, according to latest report.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Baxter International Inc.
- ICU Medical Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi Oncology Limited
- Eitan Medical
- Micrel Medical Devices
- Medtronic PLC
- TERUMO Co.
- Avanos Medical Inc.
An infusion pump delivers liquids, such as nutrients and medications, into a patient’s body in controlled amounts. It is mostly used for intravenous therapies and enteral nutrition. The product is also useful for ophthalmic applications and chemotherapy among others.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), over 80% of the world’s population lacks access to essential medicines, which are mostly administered through infusion pumps. The lack of trained personnel and awareness about the importance of these devices is also hindering market growth. However, the market is expected to witness a significant boost in demand from the home healthcare segment over the forecast period.
Rapid implementation of advanced technologies in the field of healthcare, growing preference for homecare settings, and increasing number of surgical procedures are the key factors driving the growth of the global infusion pumps market.
Some of the benefits associated with infusion pumps include precise administration of drugs and fluids, reduce chances of errors, and provide better patient care. However, high cost of these devices and stringent government regulations are the key factors restraining the growth of this market.
Some Key Highlights in the Report
- The home healthcare segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 10.0% over the forecast period. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases and the growing preference for home-based treatments are some of the key factors driving market growth.
- On the basis of product, the market has been segmented into syringe pumps, volumetric pumps, ambulatory pumps, enteric feeding pumps, implantable pumps, and others. The syringe pumps segment is expected to hold the largest market share of 30.1% in 2030. The segment’s large share is attributed to the rising preference for these pumps owing to their small size and portability.
- On the basis of application, the market has been segmented into oncology, diabetes, gastroenterology, pain management, cardiology, and others. The oncology segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period. The rising incidence of cancer and the growing preference for minimally invasive treatments are some of the key factors driving market growth in this segment.
- On the basis of end-use, the market has been segmented into hospitals, home healthcare, and ambulatory care centers. The hospitals segment is expected to hold the largest market share of 41.9% in 2030. The large share of this segment is attributed to the growing number of hospital admissions and the rising demand for infusion pumps in these settings.
- Asia-Pacific market is expected to register a steady revenue CAGR in the global market over the forecast period due to the growing geriatric population and the ever-increasing number of surgeries being performed in the region.
- The North America region is projected to grow at a significant pace over the forecast period due to the presence of key market players in the region and the favorable reimbursement policies for infusion pumps.
For the purpose of this report, the author has segmented the global infusion pump market based on product type, application, material, end-use, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Portable Infusion Pumps
- Elastomeric Infusion Pumps
- Stationary Infusion Pumps
- Specialty Infusion Pumps
- Traditional Infusion Pumps
- Implantable Infusion Pumps
- Ambulatory Infusion Pumps
- PCA Pumps
- Syringe Infusion Pumps
- Insulin Pumps
- Enteral Infusion Pumps
- Volumetric Infusion Pumps
- Consumables and Accessories
- Dedicated Consumables and Accessories
- Non-Dedicated Consumables and Accessories
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Pain Management
- Diabetics Management
Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Piston Seal
- Needleless Connectors
- BLDC Motor
- Catheter Connector
- Check Valve Seal
- Electronic Hybrid Module
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Ambulatory Care
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8w8ytj
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220916005446/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL DEVICES HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 09/16/2022 12:21 PM/DISC: 09/16/2022 12:21 PM