Related topics

Rock Falls boy, 17, accused of threatening school charged with felony

March 23, 2018 GMT

ROCK FALLS – A 17-year-old Rock Falls High School student is charged with felony disorderly conduct and is suspended after police say he threatened the school on social media.

The threat was brought to the attention of school staff, who called police around 8 p.m. Thursday, and the investigation determined that the threat was not credible, Rock Falls police said in a news release this morning.

The suspension will remain in place pending the outcome of a disciplinary hearing.

Felony disorderly conduct is punishable by 1 to 3 years in prison.


This is the fourth such incident in a week involving teen boys at local schools; all are charged with felony disorderly conduct.

Senior Nathan S. Noble, 18, of Tampico, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. March 15 at Prophetstown High School. According to court documents, Noble, who “was leaving a classroom for disciplinary reasons, stated he would be the next school shooter.”

That same day, a 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with felony disorderly conduct for threatening violence against fellow Morrison High students about a week before, on March 8, Morrison Police Chief Brian Melton said.

The boy was processed at the Whiteside County Sheriff’s Department and released to his mother. His case will proceed in juvenile court.

Also on March 15, a 17-year-old Davis Junction boy was charged with felony disorderly conduct after Ogle County Sheriff”s investigators said he made threats the evening before to bring a weapon to Stillman Valley High School and cause harm.

School officials were tipped off to the threat by fellow students, investigators said.

In addition, on Feb. 27, former Fulton High School student Blake A. Dornbush, 18, of Fulton, was arrested after police say he threatened a current student and prompted a “soft lockdown” at all three River Bend School District buildings.

Dornbush, who graduated last year, pleaded not guilty March 12 to disorderly conduct and harassment through electronic communications, both felonies carrying 1 to 3 years in prison.

He has an April 25 pretrial hearing and a May 15 jury trial, and is free after posting $2,440 of his $25,000 bond.

That investigation also was kicked off after students reported the threats to school officials, police said.