Related topics

Police Arrest Three in Girl’s Killing

February 4, 1994 GMT

HAZELWOOD, Mo. (AP) _ Two men and a woman were charged Thursday in the slaying of a 10-year-old girl whose body was kept in a house in her neighborhood for about a week, authorities said.

Cassidy Senter, who disappeared from this St. Louis suburb Dec. 1 while walking to a friend’s house. Her body was found eight days later in an alley.

Thomas Brooks, 27, a fast-food worker from St. Louis, was charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and attempted rape. He was held without bond at the St. Louis County Jail in Clayton, prosecutor Robert McCulloch said.


Brooks’ sister, Cassandra Quinn, 29, and LaFranz Wilson, 20, were charged with hindering prosecution, McCulloch said. Quinn was being held on $75,000 bond and Wilson on $50,000 bond.

The arrests were made after police searched Quinn’s rented house in the St. Louis suburb of Hazelwood, which is several blocks from Cassidy’s home. The girl’s personal alarm was found two doors away from Quinn’s house the day she disappeared.

McCulloch said Cassidy’s body was kept at Quinn’s house for about a week before it was dumped in St. Louis.

He said it appeared Cassidy was killed shortly after she was abducted, but he did not discuss a possible motive.

Evidence found at the scene where the body was dumped led police to Brooks, McCulloch said. He would not say what the evidence was.

Quinn and Wilson were charged because they lied to police when questioned about Brooks’ involvement, he said.

As investigators searched Quinn’s house Thursday, pink ribbons dangled from mailboxes and trees where they had been hung two months ago in hopes of Cassidy’s safe return.

Cassidy’s slaying followed the November abduction and killing of 9-year-old Angie Housman of neighboring St. Ann. But police do not think the two cases were connected.

Cassidy’s mother, Rhonda Senter, arrived at the search site Thursday morning, carrying a small heart-framed picture of her daughter. Police turned her away.