Safety Palooza set for Marcum Terrace
HUNTINGTON — UniCare Health Plan of West Virginia will partner with Huntington Housing Authority to host a Safety Palooza event from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29 at Marcum Terrace Community Gymnasium, 816 St. Louis Ave.
The event will be open to the community and free of charge, and will feature community safety exhibitors and demonstrations, prizes, giveaways and more. Participating organizations include:
• Cabell-Huntington Health Department — hand washing and immunization tips
• Mountain State Health Families — infant safe sleep tips
• Prevent Suicide WV — suicide prevention information
• Ross Services with the Huntington Housing Authority — internet safety information for children
• St. Mary’s Medical Center — bike and car seat safety
• United Way of River Cities — making safe and informed decision
• Gallaher Library — book reviews and activity on safety
• Try This Huntington This is the second Safety Palooza event UniCare has held in West Virginia. The goal of Safety Palooza is to help ensure children and adults can be informed, and not fearful, when it comes to important safety needs in their living, working and educational environments.