Computational Interval Methods for Engineering Applications - 2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 23, 2019--
The “Computational Interval Methods for Engineering Applications” book from Elsevier Science and Technology has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Computational Interval Methods for Engineering Applications explains how to use classical and advanced interval arithmetic to solve differential equations for a wide range of scientific and engineering problems. In mathematical models where there are variables and parameters of uncertain value, interval methods can be used as an efficient tool for handling this uncertainty. In addition, it can produce rigorous enclosures of solutions of practical problems governed by mathematical equations. Other topics discussed in the book include linear differential equations in areas such as robotics, control theory, and structural dynamics, and in nonlinear oscillators, such as Duffing and Van der Pol.
The chaotic behavior of the enclosure of oscillators is also covered, as are static and dynamic analysis of engineering problems using the interval system of linear equations and eigenvalue problems, thus making this a comprehensive resource.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Basics of interval analysis
2. Classical interval arithmetic
3. Interval linear differential equations
4. Interval non-linear differential equations
5. Parametric interval arithmetic
6. Modal interval arithmetic
7. Affine arithmetic
8. Concepts of Contractors
9. Differential inclusion
10. Global optimisation using interval
11. Interval uncertainty in linear structural problems
12. Interval uncertainty in non-linear dynamic structural problems
13. Interval uncertainty in control problems
14. Interval uncertainty in system identification problems
15. Interval uncertainty in other science and engineering problems
For more information about this book visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cfqeha
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191223005204/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 12/23/2019 05:18 AM/DISC: 12/23/2019 05:18 AM