AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy
Related topics

House fire caused by cigarette kills 1 in Green, Oregon

July 16, 2018

ROSEBURG, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a cigarette caused a house fire that killed a person in southwestern Oregon.

Douglas County Fire District No. 2 says crews responding to Monday’s fire in Green found heavy black smoke coming from the back of the home. A neighbor helped one person and a pet escape, but another person died in the blaze.

The News-Review reports that investigators determined the fire was caused by a cigarette that someone had been smoking in bed.

___

Information from: The News-Review, http://www.nrtoday.com

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.