Tapit Launches Restaurant Industry’s Most Affordable, Scalable Self-Ordering Kiosk Solution at NRA 2019
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 16, 2019--
National Restaurant Association – Tapit, a leading restaurant and retail-focused software vendor, globally launched SELFIT©, a self-ordering kiosk platform with accompanying online ordering via a mobile app and interface to the restaurant’s website. Purpose-built for the restaurant and retail industries, Tapit will demonstrate its self-ordering platform on KIOSK Information Systems’ 32” Paragon platform at the National Restaurant Association (NRA) 2019 show in Booth #9605.
According to an IHL Services, Inc. research study, 96 percent of adults aged 18-39 favored self-kiosks for food ordering. With Tapit, single restaurant locations or large chains can meet this demand and affordably install SELFIT’s feature-rich, highly customizable and scalable technology - one kiosk at a time or on hundreds of kiosks simultaneously.
“On average, Tapit self-order kiosks increased each individual order by a remarkable 30 percent and 13 percent per branch,” said Eli Cohen, Head of Operations at New-Deli restaurant chain. “The responsive interface allows for easy ordering and upselling, and a better customer experience.” New Deli is opening 120 additional stores, and is installing more than 150 SELFIT systems while hiring 280 additional employees.
SELFIT SELF-ORDERING PLATFORM
SELFIT self-ordering platform gives restaurants the ability to easily customize their menus and automatically update their kiosks and apps to showcase the latest promotions to their customers, delivering the opportunity to upsell customers and reduce customer abandonment caused by long lines and wait time. The result is dramatically increased revenue and customer satisfaction. SELFIT’s key features include:
- Linux-based software solution that works with any self-ordering kiosk hardware and integrates with any point of sale (PoS) system
- Support for any local cashless payment methods, including Mastercard, Visa, Discovery and American Express
- Easy-to-use and deploy templates designed for the fast food restaurant (FFR) and quick service restaurant (QSR) industries
- “Plug N’ Run” interface enabling restaurant operators to upload designs and content and launch in hours, not months
- Easy-to-use, comprehensive remote management system
- Menu customization as well as management interface in practically any language from English to Chinese to Arabic to Russian to Thai
- Multi-level access for users with predefined levels of control
- Multilevel branch hierarchy – Country – State – Region – City – Suburb – etc.
- Measurable ROI with the ability to generate insightful activity reports such as detailed usage, revenues and performance
- Real-time health monitoring and alerting system for a fleet of kiosks to maximize uptime and simplify deployment management
- End-to-end support for ongoing maintenance
“SELFIT is like the Wix of restaurant kiosk and app design,” said Larry Susman, Vice President International Sales of Tapit. “Our affordable and easy-to-use kiosk and mobile app solutions give small- to medium-sized restaurant chains access to the same advanced ordering technologies and capabilities as the mega-chains.”
“By using Tapit’s kiosk solution, the average check per customer has increased thanks to effective upsell offers,” said Dan Kaufman, Head of Operations at Pasta Basta restaurant chain. “Plus, our customers don’t wait in long lines and truly enjoy the quicker and more relaxed ordering experience.”
Tapit partners with the leading hardware kiosk and PoS vendors, including: NHCR, Comtrex, BeeComm, and kiosk manufacturers such as KIOSK Information Systems and Pyramid Computers. The company’s software solution is built for restaurant and retail establishments and is securely contained in the cloud.
Tapit offers a variety of pricing plans from a 100% revenue-sharing model to 100% monthly software as a service (SaaS) fee. This allows restaurant owners, resellers and kiosk vendors flexibility in financing the full SELFIT solution platform. Financing options afford “Mom & Pop” and small-chain restaurant owners avenues to compete head-on with larger franchises.
“Tapit’s flexible financing options makes self-ordering kiosks affordable for all restaurants from small chains to mega franchises,” said Alex Fradkin, COO at PoS provider BeeComm. “They provide flexibility for distributors to profitably resell their kiosk and app platforms.”
The Tapit team is comprised of hospitality, technology veterans and retail experts with decades of experience in their respective domains. The company’s primary goal is to develop solutions that help restaurants and retail organizations provide efficient and memorable user experiences to their customers, while boosting the organizations’ revenues and reducing operational costs. For more information, please visit https://www.tapitinc.com and follow Tapit on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190516005068/en/
CONTACT: Media Contacts:
Marianne Sabella Dempsey/Jenna Beaucage
508-475-0025, ext. 115, 124
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ILLINOIS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CONVENIENCE STORE TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT HARDWARE SOFTWARE RESTAURANT/BAR RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE SPECIALTY SUPERMARKET OTHER RETAIL
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/16/2019 08:00 AM/DISC: 05/16/2019 08:01 AM