AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy

Suspect arrested in death of missing man in North Carolina

September 12, 2019

NEW BERN, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina have arrested a suspect in the death of a man reported missing last week.

The Craven County Sheriff’s Office says in a news release that 26-year-old Kion Leonardo Beatty of New Bern is charged with murder in the death 22-year-old Deondre Tyshawn Surles, also from New Bern.

The sheriff’s office says Surles was reported missing by his mother on Sept. 2. Investigators found his body on Tuesday in a wooded area of the county.

The news release says deputies arrested Beatty based on interviews they conducted, but didn’t provide any additional information.

An online jail record didn’t provide information on Beatty’s status on Wednesday.

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.