FSA offices opening in state
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The United States Department of Agriculture announced that 21 Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices will reopen in Nebraska on Thursday, Jan. 17, Friday, Jan. 18, and Tuesday, Jan. 22, to provide certain services to Nebraska ag producers.
The services will assist with existing farm loans and help ensure 1099s forms are distributed to borrowers by the Internal Revenue Service’s deadline.
“I want to ensure that Nebraska agriculture producers are aware of this opportunity provided by the USDA on Jan. 17, 18 and 22. More than 20 Farm Service Agency offices across the state will reopen to provide limited, specific services. I encourage Nebraskans to closely review the services being offered and utilize them during this time,” said U.S. Sen. Deb Fischer, a member of the Senate Agriculture Committee.
Nebraska ag producers will be able to access FSA staff at the following locations in Nebraska during the days of Jan. 17, 18 and 22.
Offices in Northeast and North Central Nebraska include:
* Bloomfield Service Center: 111 No. Washington St., Bloomfield, 68718, 402-373-4914.
* Hartington Service Center: 102 E. Elm, Hartington, 68739, 402-254-6855.
* O’Neill Service Center: 107 E. Hwy 20, Suite C, O’Neill, 68763, 402-336-3796.
* Valentine FSA Service Center: 518 W. Hwy 20, Suite 3, Valentine, 69201, 402-376-1712.
* Wayne County Service Center: 709 Providence Road, Wayne, 68787, 402-375-2453.
Staff members will be available at certain FSA offices to help producers with specific services, including:
• Processing payments made on or before Dec. 31, 2018.
• Continuing expiring financing statements.
• Opening mail to identify priority items.
Additionally, as an intermittent incidental duty, staff may release proceeds from the sale of loan security by signing checks jointly payable to FSA that are brought to the county office by producers.