Health Department confirms 2nd measles case in Connecticut
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — The Connecticut Department of Public Health has confirmed a hospital’s report of a second case of measles in Connecticut.
Yale New Haven Hospital reported this weekend that is has treated two patients in the past two weeks.
The Health Department said Monday that both cases occurred in adults who live in New Haven County and both patients were treated and released from the hospital.
Investigators have not identified any links between the first and second cases, but say both patients probably were exposed to measles in early January.
The department says symptoms generally begin about two weeks after someone is infected with the virus.
There were three cases of the measles in Connecticut last year.
The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported three outbreaks nationally this year.