1 of New Mexico’s last drive-in theaters is set to close
CARLSBAD, N.M. (AP) — One of New Mexico’s last drive-in theaters is set to close.
The Carlsbad Current-Argus reports the owner of the Fiesta Drive-In Theater in Carlsbad, New Mexico, announced this week he was shutting down the decades-old landmark on Sunday after selling the property.
Owner Sidney Light says it was time to move on after keeping the theater open following the 2010 death of his father, Brad Light. He says his father started the drive-in as a hobby.
The Fiesta Drive-In was just one of two drive-ins still in operation in New Mexico.
The Fort Union Drive-In theater in Las Vegas, New Mexico, is still operating. That theater closed its screening season last month.
Information from: Carlsbad Current-Argus, http://www.currentargus.com/