• Freshman safety Scottie Young Jr., who was arrested late last month on a misdemeanor charge of domestic violence, started and played his usual allotment of snaps. He had a career-high and team-leading 11 tackles, including 1.5 for losses.
• Freshman “Mike” linebacker Colin Schooler made his first career start. He finished with six tackles and a sack.
• Redshirt sophomore Cody Creason started for the second straight time at right tackle. He rotated with senior Gerhard de Beer.
• Arizona has had two 100-plus-yard rushing games this season – both by quarterbacks (Tate and Brandon Dawkins).
• The crowd observed a moment of silence and reflection before the National Anthem in honor of the victims of last week’s mass shooting in Las Vegas.