Restaurant customers warned of potential hepatitis exposure
ROCKPORT, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts health officials say a seafood restaurant worker has tested positive for hepatitis A and are warning customers they may have been exposed to the disease.
The state Department of Public Health and local health officials are urging customers who ate cold or uncooked food at Roy Moore’s Fish Shack in Rockport between April 21 and May 12 to contact their health care providers and receive treatment for possible exposure to hepatitis A.
Officials are also urging those customers to be thorough in washing their hands before preparing food to prevent further spread of the disease.
A posting on the restaurant’s Facebook page on Saturday said the restaurant has temporarily closed for disinfecting and to ensure no other workers have the disease.