LOS ANGELES (AP) — UCLA men’s soccer coach Jorge Salcedo has resigned in the wake of his indictment in the college admissions scandal.
School spokeswoman Liza David said Friday that Salcedo quit after being on leave since the charges became public last week.
Salcedo appeared in court last week after he was accused of taking payments totaling $200,000 in exchange for helping one male and one female applicant gain admission to UCLA under the false pretense that they were soccer recruits when they didn’t play competitive soccer.
He was one of nearly 50 people charged in the scandal that involved prestigious schools like Yale, Stanford, Southern California and Georgetown.
UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero said in a statement Friday that the school is conducting an internal review of the student-athlete admissions process.