Click to copy
Click to copy

Students evacuated due to bathroom fire during exam week

January 19, 2018

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Officials at a southwestern junior high school say a fire that caused an evacuation during exam week is of suspicious origin.

Boise School District spokesman Dan Hollar says the fire started at about 9:30 a.m. Friday when a paper towel dispenser caught fire in the girls’ bathroom at Hillside Junior High School in Boise.

Hollar tells KTVB-TV that students were evacuated to the cafeteria and gym areas.

Hollar says the damage is minimal, and officials will review security camera footage.

There were no injuries reported.


Information from: KTVB-TV, http://www.ktvb.com/

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.