EPO Oppositions and Appeals - the Case Law and Workshop (London, United Kingdom - April 23-24, 2020) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 4, 2020--
The “EPO Oppositions and Appeals - the Case Law and Workshop” conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Drawing on case law and the experience of the expert speakers, this seminar considers the present complex workings of the opposition and appeal procedures at the European Patent Office (EPO).
It provides an in-depth summary of both background and recent developments at the EPO, including the new Rules of Procedure that entered into force on 1 January 2020, and explains how these will impact on your day-to-day practice. It will give you the knowledge and skills to navigate this highly technical area and adapt to the recent changes.
The second day of the seminar will be an opposition workshop, culminating in mock oral proceedings in which attendees can participate to gain practical experience in a safe environment. This session will also offer vital tips and feedback on written and oral presentation before the Opposition Division and Boards of Appeal.
You will also have ample opportunity to discuss your particular questions with our expert trainers who will be able to give you insights from both a patent lawyer’s and the EPO’s perspective.
Key topics to be covered:
- Introduction to oppositions
- Filing and admissibility of oppositions
- Substantive examination of oppositions
- Introduction to appeals
- Filing, admissibility and examination of appeals
- Petitions for review
- Oppositions and appeal case law
- Revised Rules of Procedure of the Boards of Appeal - January 2020
- Oral proceedings including a mock hearing
Introduction to oppositions
- Parties, representation, languages, composition of opposition divisions
Filing and admissibility of oppositions
- Time limits, notices of opposition, admissibility, sufficient/insufficient substantiation, transfer of oppositions
Substantive examination of oppositions
- Extent and grounds of opposition, late submissions, communications, amendments, effect of withdrawal of oppositions
Introduction to appeals
- The Boards of Appeal and Enlarged Board, nature of appeals, parties to appeals, the rule against reformation in peius
Filing, admissibility and examination of appeals
- Time limits, written submissions, rules of procedure, new grounds of opposition, evidence and requests on appeal
Admissible evidence, written and oral evidence, evaluation of evidence, standard of proof, burden of proof Petitions for review
- Grounds for petitions to the Enlarged Board for review of appeal decisions, review procedure, emerging case law
- Requests for and summons to oral proceedings, procedure
Chartered UK Patent Attorney/European Patent Attorney
Boards of Appeal
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mnql5w
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200304005526/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: LEGAL PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 03/04/2020 10:02 AM/DISC: 03/04/2020 10:02 AM