Man arraigned on murder charge in drive-by shooting
BROCKTON, Mass. (AP) — The man authorities say fired the fatal shots in a drive-by shooting in Brockton has been arraigned on a murder charge.
Prosecutors say 22-year-old Christopher Nogueira, of Taunton, shot and killed 21-year-old Anthony Baker Jr. on Friday. They say Baker had been in a long-running feud with 21-year-old Andrew Tymek, who asked Nogueira to help him “end this all.”
Investigators say the men sought out Baker, and Nogueira shot him from a vehicle driven by Tymek.
The Enterprise reports that a not guilty plea was entered on Nogueira’s behalf Tuesday and he was held without bail. His attorney says Nogueira doesn’t know the people involved.
His mother says her son suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and he has been in and out of hospitals.
Tymek is also charged with murder.
Information from: The (Brockton, Mass.) Enterprise, http://www.enterprisenews.com