AP NEWS

Overnight showers start 2 days of rain, thunderstorms

May 11, 2018 GMT

Showers are likely in the overnight hours in Madison, with the rain the beginning of a prolonged stretch of showers and storms going all the way into Saturday night.

The National Weather Service said Madison could get close to 2 inches of rain before it ends Sunday morning, prompting flood warnings along streams already overloaded with water.

The day-to-day outlook:

Thursday night: A 70 percent chance of showers, mainly after 3 a.m., low around 40. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Friday: An 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 45. Up to three-quarters of an inch of rain is possible.Friday night: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 42. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers, high near 54.Saturday night: A 50 percent chance of showers, low around 45.Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers before 1 p.m., high near 66.Sunday night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 a.m., low around 50.Monday: Mostly sunny, high near 75.Monday night: Partly cloudy, low around 55.Tuesday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 78.Tuesday night: A 30 percent chance of showers, low around 58.Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers, high near 77.