VALLEY SANTA: Local Parents Reach Out For Help With Christmas Gifts

December 7, 2018 GMT

Local parents Jason and Pam have two children with severe behavior problems.

Their teenage son Nathan has autism and bipolar disorder.

Pam wrote a letter to Valley Santa asking if a gift could be provided for their 7-year-old daughter Samantha.

Valley Santa provides gifts for children age 12 and younger.

“My family and I can really use your help this Christmas,” Pam wrote. “Their treatments prevent us from being able to work any overtime because we need to be able to be there for our children.”

Valley Santa needs donations to ensure that Samantha and children in need throughout Luzerne County have gifts this Christmas.


In addition to making monetary donations, another way to help is by dropping off aluminum cans in a container in Wilkes-Barre City Hall’s parking lot.

Allan Industries donated the container and will process the cans. Valley Santa uses the cash received from recycling the cans to purchase Christmas gifts for children in need.



Write a letter in care of Valley Santa, P.O. Box 5268, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711. Explain the need that exists in as much detail as possible. You must include your name, ages and genders of your children, your full address, zip code and telephone number. The letter must be co-signed by a clergy member or social worker and must include their name, address and telephone number for confirmation purposes. Requests will be considered for children 12 years of age and younger. Requests must be postmarked by Dec. 15. No telephone requests will be accepted.



Send a check or money order to The Valley Santa Fund Inc., P.O. Box 5276, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711. Checks should be made payable to The Valley Santa Fund Inc. Visit valleysanta.org to donate via PayPal. All donations are tax deductible. Monetary donations also will be accepted at any M&T Bank branch in the Wyoming Valley. Because Santa has no workshop or warehouse space, no new or used toys can be accepted. Donors names will be published in The Citizens’ Voice and Standard-Speaker.



Call Help Line: 570-829-1341.