Trailblazing ‘Black Panther’ costume designer aims to inspire
NEW YORK (AP) — "Black Panther" has, in a way, already been to the Oscars.
Much of the film's cast was eagerly highlighted at March's ceremony: a welcome splash of blockbuster luster at an Academy Awards that largely lacked it. "Black Panther" had at the time already been in theaters for a few weeks, leading host Jimmy Kimmel to note:
Fans of the blockbuster movie "Black Panther" who long to visit Wakanda will find real cities, landscapes, culture, clothing and history all over Africa that will remind them of the fictional high-tech kingdom depicted in the film.
In this episode of the AP Travel podcast "Get Outta Here," hosted by Associated Press travel editor Beth Harpaz, we'll hear from AP's Africa editor Andrew Meldrum about destinations on the continent that offer glimpses of the world depicted in "Black Panther."
- 'Black Panther' takes blockbusters to Africa, and the future
- Review: 'Black Panther' is dazzling grand-scale filmmaking
- African fashion on display at ‘Black Panther’ shows
- 'We've arrived:' South Africans cheer 'Black Panther' launch
- African fashion on display at early 'Black Panther' shows
- At 31, Ryan Coogler ascends to the top with 'Black Panther'
- Oscar nominee Daniel Kaluuya is having a good year
- Nyong'o on 'Black Panther': 'People are claiming it for themselves'
- Review: Kendrick Lamar-led 'Black Panther' album has power
- 'Black Panther' presales outpacing previous superhero movies
- Coates hopes 'Black Panther' hype transfers to comic book
- Boseman: 'Black Panther' is 'a movement'
- Rainbow of fashion at 'Black Panther' premiere
- 'Black Panther' receives high praise after first screenings
- Chadwick Boseman: 'Trump doesn't get any 'Black Panther' promotion time'
- Marvel Studios brings 'Black Panther' to NY Fashion Week
- Black Panther movie causing excitement around country
- Family, friends of Marvel's 'Black Panther' stars are among those most excited for landmark film