PARIS (AP) — The Paris prosecutor’s office said on Tuesday that French actor Gerard Depardieu was charged in December with rape and sexual assault after authorities revived a 2018 investigation...
Celebrity birthdays for the week of Dec. 27-Jan. 2:
Dec. 27: Actor John Amos (“The West Wing,” “Roots”) is 81. Guitarist Mick Jones of Foreigner is 76. Singer Tracy Nelson is 76. Actor...
PARIS (AP) — Film celebrities, a culture minister and fans have paid homage to Jean-Pierre Mocky, a fiercely independent filmmaker who directed some of France's most famed actors over a six-decade...
PARIS (AP) — An investigation into a woman's rape and sexual assault accusations against actor Gerard Depardieu has been dropped because of lack of evidence, the Paris prosecutor's office said...
- Mass rally wraps up North Korea's 70th anniversary events
- North Korea uses 70th anniversary to push economy, not nukes
- The Latest: Trump says NKorea parade a 'positive statement'
- North Korea to fete 70th birthday with tanks, dancing massesSeptember 9, 2018 GMT
- AP Explains: What to expect at N.Korea 70th anniversary gala
- N. Korean military parades: Propaganda, intimidation, unity
- N. Korea revives iconic mass games for 70th anniversary gala
- Video: Mixed feelings among ex-North Korean goose-steppers
- Past goose-steppers proud of place in North Korean parades
- North Korean parade a tricky prelude to inter-Korean summit
- French actor Depardieu in Pyongyang ahead of anniversary
- Senior Chinese official arrives in North Korea
- China's Xi to send top ally to North Korea anniversary
- As talks with US stall, North Korea preps military parade
ShowBiz Minute: Franklin, Depardieu, Rossum
PARIS (AP) — Prosecutors in Paris have opened a preliminary investigation of a woman's rape and sexual assault accusations against actor Gerard Depardieu, a French judicial official said Thursday. A lawyer said the French film star denies the allegations.
The official said a woman filed a complaint against the French film star on Monday near the southern city of Aix-en-Provence. The case was assigned to Paris prosecutors Wednesday.
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has reacted angrily to a group of some 300 well-known French personalities who urged prominent Muslims to denounce anti-Jewish and anti-Christian references in the Quran.
Addressing a ruling party meeting on Tuesday, Erdogan described the group that includes actor Gerard Depardieu, singer Charles Aznavour and the former president, Nicolas Sarkozy, as "despicable" and accused them of attacking scriptures sacred to Muslims.
PARIS (AP) — French Muslim leaders are rejecting suggestions that the Quran is to blame for resurgent anti-Semitism in France, and are urging imams and non-Muslims to work together to fight extremism.
Thirty mosque rectors and other prominent Muslims published an appeal in Le Monde saying Islam is being "confiscated by criminals."
PARIS (AP) — Actor Gerard Depardieu, singer Charles Aznavour and former President Nicolas Sarkozy are among some 300 well-known French people urging national action to counter a "new anti-Semitism" that they blame on rising Islamic radicalism.
They signed a manifesto published Sunday in Le Parisien newspaper, joining politicians from the right and left, as well as Jewish, Muslim and Catholic leaders.
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin has awarded Russian citizenship to action film actor Steven Seagal, the Kremlin said Thursday.
The 64-year-old Seagal has been a regular visitor to Russia in recent years and has accompanied Putin to several martial arts events, as well as vocally defending the Russian leader's policies and criticizing the U.S. government.
MINSK, Belarus (AP) — Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko has treated American action hero Steven Seagal to a harvest of carrots and watermelons at his country residence.
Seagal, 64, is not new to Eastern Europe. He often visits Russia to socialize with Russian President Vladimir Putin.