BOSTON (AP) — The owner of an affordable housing property in Boston and the property manager have agreed to pay $35,000 to settle allegations that they failed to adequately address secondhand smoke and a rodent infestation that negatively affected the health of a young tenant with asthma, the attorney general said Tuesday.
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — A union representing Atlantic City casino dealers is calling on New Jersey lawmakers to prohibit smoking in the resort’s casinos.
The United Auto Workers wrote earlier this week to state legislators asking them to hold hearings on a bill that would close a loophole in state law that leaves casinos as virtually the only indoor workplace where smoking is permitted.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — City officials in San Francisco have banned all tobacco smoking inside apartments, citing concerns about secondhand smoke...
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey is trying — yet again — to ban most smoking on public beaches, but it still hasn't answered a question that has snubbed out past efforts: Who would enforce the ban...
KINGMAN — The cost of smoking will devastate one’s pocketbook as well as one’s health.
Mohave County’s public health department offers services through the Mohave County Tobacco Use Prevention Program, including smoking cessation classes in Bullhead City, Kingman and Lake Havasu City.
Only 25 percent of the American population smokes, but their deadly habit can do harm or even kill the other 75 percent. If you are around someone who smokes you are smoking too. Secondhand smoke causes lung cancer even in people who have never smoked.
DEAR MAYO CLINIC: Is secondhand cigarette smoke dangerous to my health?
The short answer to your question is yes, secondhand smoke is dangerous. Secondhand smoke — also known as environmental tobacco smoke — is a combination of the smoke coming from a burning cigarette and the smoke exhaled by the smoker, which spreads out to the surrounding space.