How a Public Adjuster Can Save You Money
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 14, 2021--
Public adjusters are dedicated insurance experts who advocate on behalf of the insured during the claims process, and they can make a real difference for homeowners and business owners who are looking to recoup their losses and rebuild after losing their property in a fire, earthquake, flood, or other disaster.
“Most people have never heard of public adjusters before,” Steve Severaid, Principal of the Greenspan Adjusters Co., remarked. “I have no doubt that public adjusters are underutilized.”
To conceptualize the role of a public adjuster, it is best to think of them as entitlement experts. Under any insurance policy, there are rights outlined that you are entitled to. Public adjusters work to attain your optimum entitlement.
Insurance companies also have adjusters; they are the main points of contact during the claims process who request documents to prove your assets value, among other things. What you may not realize is that there is an inherent conflict of interest between the insured and the insurance company’s adjuster.
This adjuster works for the insurance company, not for you, the insured. Their goal is to maximize profit for the insurance company, which often does not align with paying your optimal entitlement. A public adjuster’s goals are aligned with yours. They generally work on a contingency basis, which incentivizes them to do the very best for you.
How exactly does a public adjuster save you money?
There are many ways a public adjuster can save you money. While some include keeping dollars in the bank, others are less obvious, but equally important.
1. In the wake of a disaster, while you are focused on negotiating with your carrier, your business may be struggling with client and employee retention. Once engaged, a public adjuster will assess your goals and craft a strategy to accomplish them - allowing you to keep your focus on the business. This factor is often overlooked, but critical to keeping your business up and running.
2. Handling insurance claims takes an inordinate amount of time and energy-and as the saying goes, “time is money.” Without a public adjuster, you could be spending dozens of hours fighting with the insurance company. Public adjusters manage of your claims, giving you time back to focus on what matters.
3. Public adjusters benefit when you benefit. Although the individual situation may vary, most public adjusters receive a ‘success fee’ when you, the insured, get paid. Therefore, there is no conflict of interest, and very little financial burden placed on you when you hire a public adjuster.
4. Public adjusters help you obtain the optimal insurance settlement. This is money that you are already owed based on your insurance coverage, but you usually won’t receive it in full without having a knowledgeable professional by your side. Public adjusters understand the intricacies and nuance of each individual policy and the settlement process in a way the average person does not. This knowledge is essential when negotiating complex claims. Hiring a public adjuster levels the playing field to make sure you leave nothing on the table.
5. Even before a disaster strikes, public adjusters can help make sure that you are insured correctly for your specific situation. Public adjusters know what to look out for when purchasing a policy, including specific insurance coverages such as extended replacement cost endorsements, dependent properties coverage, adequate inflation factors, and built-in code compliance payments. Not all coverages are necessary for every property, so public adjusters are able to expertly assess any property and recommend insurance packages to make sure you are neither over nor under-insured.
If you are wondering whether a public adjuster can help save you money, call the Greenspan Co./ Adjusters International at 800-248-3888 to schedule a free consultation.
About The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International
Founded in 1946, The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International is the leading public adjusting firm on the West Coast, serving both commercial properties and homeowners. With more than 75 years of experience fighting for our clients, Greenspan Adjusters has the expertise and track record necessary to prepare, present and negotiate insurance claims to ensure you receive what you are entitled to. And as insurance professionals who represent the interests of our clients - not the insurance company - Greenspan’s public adjusters can save you time and lower your stress as we negotiate the settlement you deserve. For more information about how a public adjuster can make your life easier after a loss, visit www.greenspanai.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210714005730/en/
CONTACT: Jodie Singer
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: INSURANCE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SOURCE: The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/14/2021 12:07 PM/DISC: 07/14/2021 12:07 PM